Byers-evans House, Denver
About Byers-evans House, Denver
Byers-evans House, Denver - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1310 Bannock St, Denver, CO 80204
Ticket Price: 6 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
Added 4.3K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
History fans will find themselves drooling over this historic Italianate style house. It was built in 1883 for William Byers, the founder of the Rocky Mountain News. Later, William Gray Evans, president of the Denver Tramway Company, lived here. The house and everything inside it was made a museum in 1981, and it was restored to its look in the 1910s. The museum is only visitable by guided tour. It is an excellent, informative tour, through charming rooms filled with original artefacts. The tour tells the story of how these two men helped shape Denver and Colorado's history, politics and education. You can even have tea parties (by appointment) for 12-25 people.
Byers-evans House Information
- Street parking is available
- Arrive 10 minutes early
Byers-evans House Ticket Prices
- Seniors (65+): $5
- Students with ID: $5
- Children (6-12): $4
- Children (under 6), military: Free
- Tea PArty: USD 25(September-November, January-May)
Byers-evans House Opening and Closing Hours
Guided tour hours:
- Monday - Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
- Sunday: 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm
Gallery and Gift Shop:
- Monday - Saturday: 10am - 4pm
- Sunday: 1am - 4pm
How To reach Byers-evans House by Public Transport
- Bus 52 stop Bannock St & W 13th Ave.
- Buses 16 and 16L stop W Colfax Ave & Bannock St.
- Buses 0, 0L, 3L, 9, 10, 52, 83D, 83L, 87L, 90L, 100L, 116X, 122X, CDOT` South Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CS, CV, CX, ES, EV, EX, FF4, P, R, RC, RX stop Civic Center.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Byers-evans House, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
You can’t enter without a guided tour. But it is worth attending and watching these preserved interiors.
The tour was a quick lovely guide into how two wealthy families lived.
This house was amazing to see so I'm thrilled that it is being saved for future visitors.
beautiful look into the obsession with victorian britain in 1800s america
Nixe cozy museum about the founders and shakers in Denver's history.
- Nearby Attractions
- X Bar
- Gallop Cafe
- Tag Restaurant
- Redstone Meadery
- Bierstadt Lagerhaus
- The Weathervane Cafe
- Residence Inn By Marriott Denver City Center
- Days Inn Denver Downtown
- Denver Free Walking Tours
- Money Museum At The Denver Federal Reserve
- Denver Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 48 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 72 Hours in Denver
- How to Spend 5 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 6 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 7 Days in Denver