Clyfford Still MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: 1250 Bannock Street, Denver, CO 80204, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7203544880
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Specialty Museum
Clyfford Still Museum - Review
Museum dedicated to one of the most important painters of 20th Century, Clyfford Still, who was among the first few Abstract Expressionists concentrating on themes like creation, life and death that stood out more prominently during and after World War II.
This two storeyed museum was designed by the Brad Cloepfil of Allied Works Architecture and was made open to public in 2011 with approximately 3125 works of art created by Clyfford Still from 1920 to 1980.
Art and architecture at this museum is not limited to tours. The museum rents the property to let people celebrate their events, private or corporate, inclusive of access to the galleries and AV system for the entire duration of the event. The museum is available on rent whole day on Mondays, and from Saturday through Friday, only during the evenings.
Clyfford Still Museum Information
- Registration is required for group and school tours even on free days.
- Photography is permitted in the premises, though the flash should not be used at any time.
- Bags bigger than 11 by 14 inches should be stored in the lockers.
- Eating and drinking in the premises is prohibited.
- Sketching is allowed use only pencils.
Clyfford Still Museum Ticket Prices
- Children under 5 years– FREE.
- Youth (6-17)- $3; Adults - $10; Seniors- $8.
- College and school students, teachers- $6, Members- FREE.
- For a group of 10+ people, Adults- $8, seniors (65+)- $6, College students with valid ID- $4.
- Private tours can be arranged for a group of 10-30 people: Adults- $14, Seniors- $12 and Students with valid ID- $10.
Clyfford Still Museum Hours
- January 30 through October 30– Museum allows free entry from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm on all Fridays and free all day on last Friday of every month.
- Free Days- January 30; February 27; March 27; April 24; May 29; June 26; July 31; August 28; September 25; October 30.
- Free public tours are available on Thursday and Saturday at 1:00 pm.
- Free Public Tour: 12:00 pm (Tuesdays), 6:30 pm (Fridays), 2:00 pm (Saturdays)
- For private tours, check the official website .
How To reach Clyfford Still Museum by Public Transport
- RTD Bus# 0, 0L, 3L, 79L, 83L, 87X, 100X, 116X. CS, CV, CX, ES, EV, EX, P – Broadway & W 13th Ave.
- RTD Bus# 9, 16 and 52 – W 13th Ave & Broadway.
- RTD Bus# 16 & 52 – Bannock St & W 13th Ave.
Restaurants Near Clyfford Still Museum
- Cap City Tavern
- Mad Greens
- Cuba Cuba
- Pints Pub
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Clyfford Still Museum
11.48% of people who visit Denver include Clyfford Still Museum in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
50% of people start their Clyfford Still Museum visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Clyfford Still Museum
75% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Clyfford Still Museum
People normally club together The Money Museum At The Federal Reserve Bank Of Kansas City, Denver Branch and Rock Bottom Brewery while planning their visit to Clyfford Still Museum.
Clyfford Still Museum Trips
Clyfford Still Museum, Denver Reviews
Still was a brilliant, innovative artist. This museum houses most of his best work, showing his development in a way no other museum can, since it has many works from throughout his lifetime. It has way more than it can show. I'm familiar with his work from the several major works at the Albright-Knox in Buffalo, equal to his best anywhere, but having nothing like the breadth and depth of this collection. This museum does a first rate job of showing how abstraction developed in his work, and the way his version differs from other major figures. The labelling and explanatory material gives one insight into his artistic philosophy. Worth a trip.
I got here 10 minutes before they were closing and had to kind of rush through it but I really enjoyed what I saw. I will have to go back for a more detailed peek. The art was super fascinating and it's interesting to me that one person could fill an entire museum! Can't wait to sit and really absorb it.
A beautifully designed art museum showcasing the artist Clyfford Still. The ground floor is dedicated to telling his personal life story via videos, interactive media, and personal objects. second floor leads visits through multiple galleries of his large scale paintings. Conveniently located next to the Denver Art Museum.
My favorite art museum in Denver! The building is beautiful and the collections are wonderfully curated. On another note, Clyfford Still is a wildly fascinating individual and is definitely the original hipster. Everyone should go to this museum to learn more about his unique life and develop a respect for this underappreciated artist! They have free admission from 5-8pm on Fridays, and good deals on regular admission for students!
I had never visited the Clyfford Still Museum before, and I wasn't sure what to expect. I found it to be extraordinary. The artwork itself was incredible, of course, but the museum itself is also superb. From the architecture and design to the thoughtfulness underlying the exhibits and displays, I felt that I was on a journey that brought me into powerful and unexpected encounters. Thank you!