Colorado State Capitol924 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 200 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80203, United States, 80203 Map
- Timings: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3038662604
- Fax: +1-3038662167
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Landmarks, Buildings And Structures
When in Denver, a must visit is the highlight of the Skyline – Golden domed Colorado State Capitol! Originally, it was made of Copper but due to harsh weather, it was decided to give it a makeover and was covered with 200 ounces of gold. Multiple applications of gold leaf was required to give its present shine and regal look!
Of all the exhibits, Mr Brown’s attic is the most interesting and one of the best place to learn about history of Colorado, details about Capitol’s construction and the building as a whole and a spot dedicated to kids as well!
Don’t forget to take your picture at the steps in front as it is exactly a mile high, thus giving the City its tag – The Mile High City!
With beautiful golden plating adorning the well crafted architecture of the building, Colorado State Capitol is capable to mesmerise anyone on its first sight. Decorating the skylines of Denver, this attraction is open for visitors during certain days. You do not have to buy any Colorado State Capitol Tickets or pay any Colorado State Capitol Ticket Prices during these visits. If you are planning to visit in group, reservations will be required. Buy Tickets for Colorado State Capitol as early as possible to avoid unnecessary crowd. Since there are no Tickets for Colorado State Capitol, random visit to this place during your Denver stay can be really fun and interesting.
Colorado State Capitol Travel Tips
- If possible, try to visit in summer – that’s when legislature is not in session and you will not find the school rush as well!
- Reservations are required if you are planning to visit the building in group of 10+ members, and are a part of senior citizen group, school, day care centre or have any kind of disability.
- Photography is allowed during Capitol tour, but flash photography is not allowed in the Senate or House galleries
Entrance Ticket Details For Colorado State Capitol
- Denver’s Civic Centre Park offers free tours of the Capitol building Monday to Friday.
Colorado State Capitol Hours
- Free tours are available from 10:00 AM to 03:00 PM – Monday through Friday.
- Tours last for 45 minutes
- Legislative tour schedule: early January to early May
- Dome tours: 9am – 2:30pm (daily)
- (note: dome tour is presently closed)
How to Reach Colorado State Capitol
- RTD Bus# 6, 15, 15L, 16 will take you to Colfax Ave & Sherman St
- RTD Bus# 15, 15L – Colfax Ave & Grant St
- RTD Bus# 0, 6, 10, 15, 15L, 16 – Colfax Ave & Broadway
- Shish Kabob Grill
- City O City
- Fork & Spoon
- Yard House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Colorado State Capitol Address: 200 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, CO 80203, United States, 80203
- Colorado State Capitol Contact Number: +1-3038662604
- Colorado State Capitol Timing: 07:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Best time to visit Colorado State Capitol(preferred time): 09:30 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Colorado State Capitol: 03:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
14.81% of people who visit Denver include Colorado State Capitol in their plan
45.45% of people start their Colorado State Capitol visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Colorado State Capitol
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Colorado State Capitol
People normally club together Cheesman Park and Denver Art Museum while planning their visit to Colorado State Capitol.