Denver Art Museum, Denver
Denver Art Museum, Denver - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy, Denver, CO 80204
Ticket Price: 13 USD
Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 14.4K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Denver Art Museum, Denver
Both the buildings, North Building and Frederic C. Hamilton Building, are a work of art in themselves. Built by two different architects, each building’s construction is nothing like a traditional museum building. With the opening of North Building in 1971, museum was able to showcase its exhibitions under one roof. Hamilton building was built to accommodate museum’s growing art treasure!
Collection at the Denver Art museum is massive with internationally acclaimed American Indian Art, adding to the pride and collections are – African, European and Asian art; Modern & contemporary art; Oceanic art; Textile art; Spanish and pre-Columbian art and many more!
Museum also has temporary exhibitions. Check their website for current and up to date information.
After a mesmerizing tour, it is time to get your hands on gift items and souvenirs – that fits every budget! You can also buy gifts online from their Online Shop. There are shops in both the buildings. Find blown glass products, jewellery and other modern merchandise. Enjoy coffee and salads and baked items at Mad Beans Coffee at Hamilton Building.
While the shop at North Building comprises of books, art materials, games and different kinds of art activities for kids to enjoy!
One of the most popular museums in Colorado, Denver Art Museum is known to see hordes of visitors throughout the year. You need to Buy Tickets for Denver Art Museum to enter the place. The Denver Art Museum Tickets are available in the counters for purchase. The entrance is free on first saturdays of every month means there are no Denver Art Museum Ticket Prices on that day. Arrive early to save yourself from the hassle of Buying Tickets for Denver Art Museum amid the crowd and enjoy a nice trip to this amazing place.
Denver Art Museum Information
- While at the museum-
- Please don’t touch any art work.
- Photography is allowed but make sure that flash is off at all times.
- You can sketch in the galleries – only use pencils and notebooks of size - 11 by 14 inches.
- If you carrying any bags or other luggage, store it at the locker facility at the museum.
- Eating and drinking in galleries is prohibited – make use of appointed areas.
- Museum is closed on Thanksgiving Day.
- Free days – First Saturdays of the month are free days. Free days for the year 2015 are – January 3, February 7, March 7, April 4, April 26, May 2, June 6, July 11 (museum will be closed July 4), August 1, September 5, September 12, October 3, November 7 and December 5.
- Museum can arrange guided and custom tours for groups and school field trips as well.
- For group tours, two weeks advance booking is required.
Denver Art Museum Ticket Prices
- Adult: 13$; 10$ (Colorado residents)
- Senior (65+)/Military: $10 ; $8 (Colorado residents)
- College Student: $10; $8 (Colorado residents)
- Youth (6–18)&Child (0–5) : free admission
- First Saturday of every month: free admission
Denver Art Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- On final Fridays (January to October), the museum is open till 10pm
- Group tours: Tuesday to Friday
How To reach Denver Art Museum by Public Transport
- RTD Bus# 9, 16 and 52 have a stop at W 13 Ave & Broadway – Nearest bus stop to Denver Art Museum.
Restaurants Near Denver Art Museum
- There are restaurants in the museum premises - Palettes Restaurant, Mad Greens Inspired Eats and Beans and Wine Cafe.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Denver Art Museum, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful building, affordable tickets. I highly recommend visiting this building. So many things to see and all the ancient history from the different periods of time and displayed in such a organized manner. You need to dedicate like a 1/4 of a day to be able to see everything.
It is one of Denver’s architectural icons. This one-of-a-kind Art Museum located in downtown Denver has loads of interesting pieces from multiple different civilizations. It is mostly famous for its American Indian, asian and western art collections. It also has ever-changing exhibits. It is an amazing cultural and educational place for the whole family.
Went to experience Her Paris at the DAM. A thoroughly enjoyable way to escape reality and get into someone else's for an afternoon. The gift shop I'd also wonderful, with a wide price range to the items. Friendly and knowledgeable staff.
Went to see “Her Paris” exhibition. My first visit to museum. It’s a great show to see, everyone working there gracious and kind. Gorgeous building. Loved it all! I will go again soon........
The Denver Art Museum, despite its prison-like exterior, contains a wealth of culture and art within. The fixed exhibits are excellent, but they don't tend to rotate very often. The 'transient' exhibits are generally quite exceptional; they are well-curated, with tours regularly offered. I found myself intrigued, challenged, and amazed at many of the works in the Denver Art Museum. The facilities are also very clean and spacious, and the rest rooms are kept up very well. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.