Denver Botanic GardensCurrently Open [Closes at 08:00 pm]
- Address: 1007 York Street, Denver, CO 80206, United States, 80206
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7208653501
- Fax: +1-7208653713
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Observatory, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature, Landmarks, Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens - Review
Spread over 23 acres, this garden is home to a greenhouse, themed gardens and an amphitheatre that plays host to various events throughout the year. Of the many beautiful and captivating exhibits at the Gardens, infamous Chihuly exhibit should be on every tourist’s list visiting the gardens. Held last year between June and November.
There are three different gardens that make up what we know as Denver Botanical gardens – York Street, which also has Mordecai Children’s garden; Carrying binoculars while heading to Botanical garden at Chatfield is given as not only it is a nature preserve but is also a great spot for bird watching! Mount Goliath, a part of Arapaho National Forest, is home to wildflower garden along the hiking trails.
Denver Botanic Gardens Information
- Pets are not allowed in the garden premises, with the exception of service animals.
- Garden premises is a no-smoking area.
- If you need a wheelchair, one can be arranged by the Information Desk.
- Members get free admission to the garden.
- For group tickets, contact the administration.
- Group tickets must be purchased at least a week in advance.
Denver Botanic Gardens Ticket Prices
- Adults - $12.50.
- Seniors and military personnel with valid ID - $9.50.
- Students with a valid ID and children - $9.
- Children up to 2 years get free admission.
Group rates (10 or more):
- Adults: $10.50
- Senior: $8
- Students: $8
- Child: $7.50
Denver Botanic Gardens Hours
- Mordecai Children's Garden: 9am – 5pm (daily through 31st October)
- For early closure day, check the official website
How To reach Denver Botanic Gardens by Public Transport
- To get to Botanical garden, take RTD Bus #24. It has stops at York Street & 9th Avenue, Josephine Street & 9th Avenue and York Street & 12th Avenue.
Restaurants Near Denver Botanic Gardens
- There are two restaurants in the premises – Offshoots at the Garden café open year round and The Hive Garden Bistro is open seasonally.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Denver Botanic Gardens
51.02% of people who visit Denver include Denver Botanic Gardens in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
52% of people start their Denver Botanic Gardens visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Denver Botanic Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Denver Botanic Gardens
Denver Botanic Gardens Trips
Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver Reviews
We were shopping across from the mall and decided to rent some bikes and ride to the Botanical Gardens. Was a fun way to get some exercise and enjoy the beautiful gardens. There were several areas to park our bikes near the entrance. The gardens are well maintained. It was nice to walk around at our own pace and enjoy all the beauty. I would love to come back again during a different season.
The Denver Botanical Gardens are definitely a unique and worthwhile way to spend a few hours in the Denver area. There are sprawling gardens filled with every variety of plant life, all of them themed and carefully arranged. We particularly enjoyed the peaceful Japanese garden and water gardens, as well as the beautiful rose gardens in the corner of the space. Despite how busy the gardens were when we visited, we did not feel crowded and were able to see everything we planned to. I would recommend this attraction to anyone in the Denver area with an appreciation of plants and the diversity of life thereof.
These Gardens are absolutely not to be missed! Give yourself at least two hours to enjoy everything at a sensible pace. Everything is meticulously cultivated. The Japanese and Chinese gardens are superb. What I especially liked is the fact that benches, themselves artwork to be admired, exist everywhere, so there's no worry about running out of steam in the hot sun Great place to just sit on one for an entire afternoon!
Gardens are beautiful and there is a lot of cool information to read. I love the tropical area and the local Colorado plants and flowers. The grounds are clean, set up nicely and have cool water features. Brought my family was visiting out-of-town and they loved it. I would definitely recommend this place as somewhere to bring family or anyone who appreciates nature but doesn't want to leave the city.
This is such a great place for almost all ages to visit. Parents with younger kids definitely bring a stroller. The gardens are exquisite and the volunteers are all friendly and knowledgeable. It is only $12.50 for adult admission. I had a sandwich and peach lemonade with oregano for lunch at Hive Garden Bistro and it was delicious! They don't serve a tiny bag of chips with the sandwich but a huge mound of kettle-cooked chips. I have been here in May and August and the gardens were amazing both times. I can't wait to visit this winter!