Denver Botanic GardensCurrently Closed
- Address: 1007 York Street, Denver, CO 80206, United States, 80206
- Timings: 09:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-7208653501
- Fax: +1-7208653713
- Ticket Price: 13 USD
- Time Required: 06:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Garden, Park, Botanical Garden, Observatory, Family And Kids, Adventure, Nature, Landmarks, Gardens
Spread over 23 acres, this garden is home to a greenhouse, themed gardens and an amphitheatre that plays host to various events throughout the year. Of the many beautiful and captivating exhibits at the Gardens, infamous Chihuly exhibit should be on every tourist’s list visiting the gardens. Held last year between June and November.
There are three different gardens that make up what we know as Denver Botanical gardens – York Street, which also has Mordecai Children’s garden; Carrying binoculars while heading to Botanical garden at Chatfield is given as not only it is a nature preserve but is also a great spot for bird watching! Mount Goliath, a part of Arapaho National Forest, is home to wildflower garden along the hiking trails.
- Pets are not allowed in the garden premises, with the exception of service animals.
- Garden premises is a no-smoking area.
- If you need a wheelchair, one can be arranged by the Information Desk.
- Members get free admission to the garden.
- For group tickets, contact the administration.
- Group tickets must be purchased at least a week in advance.
- Adults - $12.50.
- Seniors and military personnel with valid ID - $9.50.
- Students with a valid ID and children - $9.
- Children up to 2 years get free admission.
Group rates (10 or more):
- Adults: $10.50
- Senior: $8
- Students: $8
- Child: $7.50
- Mordecai Children's Garden: 9am – 5pm (daily through 31st October)
- For early closure day, check the official website
- To get to Botanical garden, take RTD Bus #24. It has stops at York Street & 9th Avenue, Josephine Street & 9th Avenue and York Street & 12th Avenue.
- There are two restaurants in the premises – Offshoots at the Garden café open year round and The Hive Garden Bistro is open seasonally.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
50.97% of people who visit Denver include Denver Botanic Gardens in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
52% of people start their Denver Botanic Gardens visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 6 Hrs to see Denver Botanic Gardens
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Denver Botanic Gardens
Over the top beautiful! There's so much diversity here and so much Beauty! I loved the Bible Garden and I loved the terraced Rock Gardens. It truly is a place of sanctuary; it is beyond words in some places. Enjoyed the pictures! Hope you all get a chance to go!
I've been to quite a few botanical gardens and this ranks right at the top. The variety of plants is impressive. The grounds are immaculate. Overall this is in my top 3 gardens and I would gladly go back and visit in the future. Also, the attached kids garden/play area was great for my 5 year old son.
I can't wait to get a membership. Enjoyed walking around looking at the gardens and art. Enjoyed our purchased lunch but will likely picnic in the future. All the kids had a blast rolling down the grassy hills and then playing on the kids side. Great place to spend the day.
There’s something for everyone here. Indoor tropicals, themed outdoor sub-sections, stroller/wheelchair accessible paths, and other decorations. It was fun seeing the volunteers care for the plants. It has outdoor seating only and closes for the winter. There are indoor eating choices as well.
The Botanic Gardens is a beautiful place. Felt a little lost the first hour, even with the map, but eventually figured the place out. Perfect place for some nice photos, or to just relax. My favorite area was the Japanese garden, which was bigger than I expected from the map. Go early to enjoy the peace and quiet. It's still lovely on a cold drizzly day like the day I went.