Denver Zoo, Denver
Denver Zoo, Denver - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 2300 Steele Street, Denver, CO 80205, United States
Ticket Price: 17 USD
Time Required: 05:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 25.3K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Zoo, Family And Kids, Adventure
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Denver Zoo, Denver
With over 4000 animals comprising of approximately 700+ species, Denver Zoo is fourth most popular zoo in the country. Each exhibit at Zoo, whether it is about Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds or Plants, is fun to watch and learn.
Get a glimpse of Asian Elephants at Toyota Elephant Passage, See pride of lions at Predator Ridge and cuddly Polar Bears at Northern Shores, See how apes and monkeys live at Primate Panorama, Explore exotic varieties of reptiles, fish and amphibians at Tropical Discovery; Be overwhelmed with over 200 species of birds at their own special exhibit; Visit Bear Mountain – home of grizzly bears, Asiatic black bears and coati; Get a chance to see majestic creatures like Snow leopards, stripped hyena and foosa at Felines or hop onto Pioneer Train for a trip along Pachyderm Park.
Denver Zoo Information
- Wear good walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Apply generous amount of sunscreen especially if you are planning to visit during summer.
- Visiting hours and ticket prices differ in different season.
- They also have restaurants and other activities and can easily spend a day here with family and friends if you wish.
- Free days, where every visitor is allowed an entry without any charge. Free days for the year 2015 are– 1/11, 1/12, 1/22, 2/6, 2/7, 2/19, 11/2, 11/13, 11/19.
Denver Zoo Ticket Prices
- Children - $12; Adults - $17; Seniors - $14
- Children under 2 years of age – FREE
- During winter tickets are – Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- During Zoo lights- Members and Online ticket pricing: Children - $7, Adults - $11 and seniors - $9.
- Tickets for Non-members- Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- Free days in 2016: 4th November, 7th November, 17th November.
Denver Zoo Opening and Closing Hours
- During winter, Zoo timings are 10 AM to 4 PM.
- During Zoo lights, Zoo timings are 5:30 PM to 9 PM.
- Ground closes at 6pm (in summer)
- Ground closes at 5pm (in winter)
- Guided tours starts at 10:30am
How To reach Denver Zoo by Public Transport
To get to Zoo, take RTD Bus #32 which will stop at following bus stations
- 2700 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3300 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3500 Block East 23rd Avenue
Restaurants Near Denver Zoo
- There are restaurants, cafes and ice cream parlors in the Zoo premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Denver Zoo Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Denver
Denver Zoo, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
I really and truly enjoyed the zoo. It would be nice because of my age and because I have diabetes, if there was a Rascal or some sort of scooter to ride. My feet wouldn't have been affected as badly as they were. By the time the end of the day rolled around I couldn't hardly even walk because the pain was so bad. Other than that I truly enjoyed the zoo very very much it's a wonderful place and I really enjoyed the day thank you.
Zoo lights is a fantasy adventure. All the trees and bushes and anything else they could put lights on was decorated! If you buy the 3D glasses then you can see stars or penguins around the lights. And there are several led animal scenes. Loved the train ride. We had a wonderful time!
Love, love, love this zoo! Animals are well taken care of, and the staff is always pleasant! I love being able to watch the animals interact with the enrichment in their habitats or the various cool features a lot of them have (ex: elephant bridge and pool, various levels and food enrichment in apes). The keepers are very knowledgeable and always happy to answer questions! Very glad my fiance and I have a membership now!
Denver Zoo is a vast place with lots of animals to see. A wide range from primates to birds and everything else. A little easy to get lost, so make sure you take a map. They also offer free admission days, which is pretty cool. It can be pretty difficult to find a parking space on those free days, but its certainly worth the trip!
This is an excellent zoo. It's always been clean. They have a large amount of varied animal life. The staff is friendly and they have good programs. Good parking, but it does get pretty crowded on big days like the free days. Food and drinks are pricy, but they allow you to bring in food. It's in a good location, too, because there are other fun places close by.
- Nearby Attractions
- Baymont Inn & Suites Denver International Airport
- The Market At Larimer Square
- Snooze An Am Eatery
- Natural Remedies
- Microtel Inn & Suites By Wyndham Denver
- Coors Brewery Tour Parking Lot
- Holiday Inn & Suites Denver International Airport
- Super 8 Georgetown
- Old Larimer Street Tattoo
- The Westin Denver Downtown