With over 4000 animals comprising of approximately 700+ species, Denver Zoo is fourth most popular zoo in the country. Each exhibit at Zoo, whether it is about Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds or Plants, is fun to watch and learn.
Get a glimpse of Asian Elephants at Toyota Elephant Passage, See pride of lions at Predator Ridge and cuddly Polar Bears at Northern Shores, See how apes and monkeys live at Primate Panorama, Explore exotic varieties of reptiles, fish and amphibians at Tropical Discovery; Be overwhelmed with over 200 species of birds at their own special exhibit; Visit Bear Mountain – home of grizzly bears, Asiatic black bears and coati; Get a chance to see majestic creatures like Snow leopards, stripped hyena and foosa at Felines or hop onto Pioneer Train for a trip along Pachyderm Park.
- Wear good walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Apply generous amount of sunscreen especially if you are planning to visit during summer.
- Visiting hours and ticket prices differ in different season.
- They also have restaurants and other activities and can easily spend a day here with family and friends if you wish.
- Free days, where every visitor is allowed an entry without any charge. Free days for the year 2015 are– 1/11, 1/12, 1/22, 2/6, 2/7, 2/19, 11/2, 11/13, 11/19.
- Children - $12; Adults - $17; Seniors - $14
- Children under 2 years of age – FREE
- During winter tickets are – Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- During Zoo lights- Members and Online ticket pricing: Children - $7, Adults - $11 and seniors - $9.
- Tickets for Non-members- Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- Free days in 2016: 4th November, 7th November, 17th November.
- During winter, Zoo timings are 10 AM to 4 PM.
- During Zoo lights, Zoo timings are 5:30 PM to 9 PM.
- Ground closes at 6pm (in summer)
- Ground closes at 5pm (in winter)
- Guided tours starts at 10:30am
To get to Zoo, take RTD Bus #32 which will stop at following bus stations
- 2700 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3300 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3500 Block East 23rd Avenue
- There are restaurants, cafes and ice cream parlors in the Zoo premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
65.49% of people who visit Denver include Denver Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.1% of people start their Denver Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Denver Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Denver Zoo
This place is really awesome. Thus is the one of the best zoo I have ever visited. This place have good environment. This is more popular for kids. This zoo have many animals. They have around 4000 animals. This is more popular for travellers. The ticket price is not that high. It is around $15 for adults. You should visit this place. I promise you will not regret. You will enjoy looking at the animals. This zoo have friendly animals.
I've been coming here since I was a kid and now I bring my own kids here! I LOVE this place! I travel a lot and every state I go to I always have to visit their zoos and aquariums. Baltimore may have Denver beat when it comes to aquariums, but Denver has everywhere else beat when it comes to zoos! The zoo has good food, a good souvenirs shop, clean bathrooms, awesome exhibits, and wonderful animals! The staff is also nice and helpful.
We are first time visitors to the Denver Zoo, coming from San Antonio, TX. We really enjoyed the mix of animals, especially the Great Apes. On our day, many of the animals were active and in view. Be sure to check out the lions and the African wild dogs, whose exhibits are across from each other. Also, the food options were plentiful and reasonable. The zoo staff and docents were friendly and helpful. Overall, we had a great time. Enjoy.
Denver zoo lights was amazing! The hyenas and lions and hippos were out and the lights were expertly done! It was our first time going and I would definitely go again. Takes about 30-60 minutes to go through the line depending on how late you get there. Takes a couple of hours to see everything so very warm clothes are recommended.
We've been coming to this zoo for years and have no complaints! I absolutely love zoos and I feel like the Denver Zoo does a fantastic job caring for their animals and ensuring they're happy and comfortable. We go at least 3 times a year and enjoy it every time!