With over 4000 animals comprising of approximately 700+ species, Denver Zoo is fourth most popular zoo in the country. Each exhibit at Zoo, whether it is about Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds or Plants, is fun to watch and learn.
Get a glimpse of Asian Elephants at Toyota Elephant Passage, See pride of lions at Predator Ridge and cuddly Polar Bears at Northern Shores, See how apes and monkeys live at Primate Panorama, Explore exotic varieties of reptiles, fish and amphibians at Tropical Discovery; Be overwhelmed with over 200 species of birds at their own special exhibit; Visit Bear Mountain – home of grizzly bears, Asiatic black bears and coati; Get a chance to see majestic creatures like Snow leopards, stripped hyena and foosa at Felines or hop onto Pioneer Train for a trip along Pachyderm Park.
Denver Zoo Travel Tips
- Wear good walking shoes and dress comfortably.
- Apply generous amount of sunscreen especially if you are planning to visit during summer.
- Visiting hours and ticket prices differ in different season.
- They also have restaurants and other activities and can easily spend a day here with family and friends if you wish.
- Free days, where every visitor is allowed an entry without any charge. Free days for the year 2015 are– 1/11, 1/12, 1/22, 2/6, 2/7, 2/19, 11/2, 11/13, 11/19.
Entrance Ticket Details For Denver Zoo
- Children - $12; Adults - $17; Seniors - $14
- Children under 2 years of age – FREE
- During winter tickets are – Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- During Zoo lights- Members and Online ticket pricing: Children - $7, Adults - $11 and seniors - $9.
- Tickets for Non-members- Children - $9, Adults - $13 and seniors - $11.
- Free days in 2016: 4th November, 7th November, 17th November.
Denver Zoo Hours
- During winter, Zoo timings are 10 AM to 4 PM.
- During Zoo lights, Zoo timings are 5:30 PM to 9 PM.
- Ground closes at 6pm (in summer)
- Ground closes at 5pm (in winter)
- Guided tours starts at 10:30am
How to Reach Denver Zoo
To get to Zoo, take RTD Bus #32 which will stop at following bus stations
- 2700 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3300 Block East 23rd Avenue
- 3500 Block East 23rd Avenue
- There are restaurants, cafes and ice cream parlors in the Zoo premises.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.15% of people who visit Denver include Denver Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
87.1% of people start their Denver Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
4 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 4 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Denver Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Denver Zoo
Denver Zoo Reviews & Ratings
Do you have year passes?Answer Report Abuse
There are membership cards, but I am not sure about year passes. I think it would be better to call Denver Zoo on 720-337-1400 directly to confirm.Report Abuse