History Colorado Center
Tours for History Colorado Center
About History Colorado Center, Denver
This should be the first place you visit on your Denver tour. It's a beautiful shortcut to learning everything about the city's history. The main highlights are:
- Living West: Colorado and Denver's natural environment, and the role of water in the region.
- Mesa Verde: Ancient history exhibit telling the story of the Ancestral Puebloans with artefacts.
- Dust Bowl: The Black Sunday dust storm of 1935 and its aftermath.
- Mountains: The role of the mountains in the region and the wildlife they support.
- Destination Colorado: The story of the now forgotten town of Keota.
- Colorado Stories: The people who helped shaped Colorado's history and identity.
- Time Machine: Interactive steampunk exhibit and map made of concrete tiles.
- Denver A-Z
- The Denver Diorama: Denver as it looked in the 1800s in a diorama.
History Colorado Center Information
- Check attraction website for upcoming exhibits.
- Check out the cafe and the gift shop.
- Park at Civic Center Cultural Complex garage at 12th Avenue and Broadway.
- Wheelchair accessible.
History Colorado Center Tickets Prices
- Senior $10 (65 and older)
- Student $10 (ages 19–22 with student ID)
- Youth (ages 6–18) (free with adult)
- Child (5 and under) free
How To Get To History Colorado Center by Public Transport
- By Buses 0, 0L, 3L, 6, 10m 83Dm 83L, 87L, 100L, 116X, CS, CV, CX, ES, EV, EX, P stop Lincoln St & 13th Ave.
- By Bus 52 stop Bannock St & W 13th Ave.
- Drive, cycle, or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Book History Colorado Center Tickets And Tours
Enjoy the fresh Colorado air and admire the views of the Rocky Mountains as you fly through trees and over meadows on a zipline! Ride on some of Colorado’s longest zipline tracks on a course that spans more than 6,000 feet (1,828 m). Enjoy scenic hikes between the ziplines. This Rocky Mountain zipline adventure is perfect for those seeking an adrenaline-filled outdoor experience!
Enjoy a 7-hour excursion to Mount Evans from Denver. Save yourself the drive and enjoy the scenery on your way to the top of the world. This guided small-group tour includes a picnic lunch round trip transportation from Denver.
Follow your experienced mountain-biking guide on an adventure through Colorado's Front Range, the gateway to Rocky Mountain National Park. On this mountain-biking tour, your expert guide will customize your trip so that youâll ride trails that align with your level of experience. Choose between a half-day beginner or intermediate adventure and get ready for a fun, scenic experience!
Embark on a hiking adventure through Colorado's Front Range while you're in Denver! Take a full-day or half-day hike and choose your experience level: beginner, intermediate or advanced. Enjoy a scenic hike through the single-track trails of the Front Range with your expert guide, who will cater your private hike to accommodate your needs and abilities. Admire spectacular views of forests and rock formations, and refuel with a complimentary sports drink and energy bar.
Share your experience - Rate History Colorado Center, Denver
Been to this place twice. Hated it both times. 1. Its expensive. 2. There just isnt much there. 3. What is there is doesn't tell a story. You will learn that some stuff happened in Colorado but you won't learn its history. 4. Why is FDR featured in the dust bowl exhibit but not in the Japanese Internment camp exhibit? 5. Its a playground.
It is bewildering why this institution is named the way it is, because in this context, the word "History" would generally be the main adjectival noun to modify "Center", with "Colorado" used as a supporting adjectival noun, thus should appear as "Colorado History Center." As it is, History Colorado Center does not roll off the tongue, and is in grammatical disagreement with the generally accepted adjective order in the English language. In any case, this place offers a selection of Colorado-specific history exhibits (Or are they history-specific Colorado exhibits?), and is a fun destination for kids.
Interesting museum! Interactive exhibits make the museum fun and memorable. They also gave us a pass to go to another museum for free (can choose from a set list).
Having a great time with the kids. The cafeteria is tasty and has gluten free bread for sandwiches. I ordered a chicken sandwich that was served with fried pickles on it. However the fried pickles are not gluten free. I caught it before I ate it and they corrected the problem immediately.
This is an OUTSTANDING facility with beautiful exhibits, friendly staff, and a wealth of information tracing back to the fascinating indigenous roots of Colorado up to the present. I particularly love the commitment to providing a balanced interpretation of history as well as promoting sustainability initiatives around the state. Everyone from, visiting, or moving to Colorado should visit this museum!
- Nearby Attractions
- The Money Museum At The Federal Reserve Bank Of Kansas City, Denver Branch
- Cheesman Park
- Balistreri Vineyards
- Colorado Ballet
- Adams Mystery Playhouse
- University Of Denver
- Civic Center
- Falling Rock Tap House
- Epic Brewing Company
- Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- 5 Star Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- Budget Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- Cheap Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- Luxury Hotels Near History Colorado Center
- Denver Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Denver
- 2 Days in Denver
- 3 Days in Denver
- 4 Days in Denver
- 5 Days in Denver
- 6 Days in Denver
- 7 Days in Denver