History Colorado Center, Denver
History Colorado Center, Denver - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1200 Broadway, Denver, CO 80203, United States
Ticket Price: 12 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 12.1K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About History Colorado Center, Denver
This should be the first place you visit on your Denver tour. It's a beautiful shortcut to learning everything about the city's history. The main highlights are:
- Living West: Colorado and Denver's natural environment, and the role of water in the region.
- Mesa Verde: Ancient history exhibit telling the story of the Ancestral Puebloans with artefacts.
- Dust Bowl: The Black Sunday dust storm of 1935 and its aftermath.
- Mountains: The role of the mountains in the region and the wildlife they support.
- Destination Colorado: The story of the now forgotten town of Keota.
- Colorado Stories: The people who helped shaped Colorado's history and identity.
- Time Machine: Interactive steampunk exhibit and map made of concrete tiles.
- Denver A-Z
- The Denver Diorama: Denver as it looked in the 1800s in a diorama.
History Colorado Center Information
- Check attraction website for upcoming exhibits.
- Check out the cafe and the gift shop.
- Park at Civic Center Cultural Complex garage at 12th Avenue and Broadway.
- Wheelchair accessible.
History Colorado Center Ticket Prices
- Senior $10 (65 and older)
- Student $10 (ages 19–22 with student ID)
- Youth (ages 6–18) (free with adult)
- Child (5 and under) free
How To reach History Colorado Center by Public Transport
- By Buses 0, 0L, 3L, 6, 10m 83Dm 83L, 87L, 100L, 116X, CS, CV, CX, ES, EV, EX, P stop Lincoln St & 13th Ave.
- By Bus 52 stop Bannock St & W 13th Ave.
- Drive, cycle, or take a taxi to here.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
History Colorado Center, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
The history Colorado center is a place not to be missed by tourists and locals alike! Colorado has such a rich heritage. From the original Native American tribes throughout the state to Spanish settlers, pioneers, mountain men, fur traders and miners;each contributed to the heritage of Colorado and this building tells that story in a compelling way that keeps both kids and adults entertained while they learn about the important history chapters of the Centennial State.
It was a lot of fun and very interactive. Me and my boyfriend went and we enjoyed learning about the history of Colorado. A lot of little kiddos on field trips but there was plenty of space to enjoy the museum on your own.
This museum has 4 levels and many exhibits. You can discover diverse stories of Denver and Colorado communities. You can explore the Western American Art alongside the history of Colorado from A to Z. It is a great place for the whole family.
I attended a conference hosted here. The conference rooms and catering were great. Didn't get to explore much of the other areas but everyone was nice, it's in a great area of downtown and has a lot to offer
Excellent exhibits from every corner of the state. Immersive dust bowl and centennial experiences. Really neat interactive display about the CO watershed too. Worth the $8.