How to Reach Denver
The Easiest Way to Reach Denver
HOW TO GET TO DENVER
- By Air: All flights to Denver – Domestic or International – land at DIA – Denver International Airport. To get to the City from the airport, you can either take a City Bus - RTD or hire a cab. You may also check with your hotel if they provide any airport transfers!
- By Rail: Denver is connected with other cities through rail services provided by Amtrak. It has a stop at Union Station – located at 17th and Wynkoop St.
- By Bus: There are bus service providers like Greyhound and Autobus Americanos (to and from Mexico) that connect Denver to other cities. Greyhound station is at 1055 19th Street and the Autobus station is at 2147 N Broadway.
HOW TO GET AROUND DENVER
- Let’s get some basic facts down; numbered streets (avenues) run from east to west, named streets running north-south are alphabetically arranged, and downtown streets (running diagonal from northeast to southwest) are listed in a mixed manner and can be confusing to tourists.
- Renting a car is a small matter; if you go local it will be cheaper, if you go national you’ll be able to keep the car for longer hours. Parking is convenient; however, the local authorities are cracking down HARD on parking violations so make sure to ask your rental agent what the rules are. Every violation, even if only minutes long, will result in an immediate $25 ticket.
- The city’s light rail system is effective for getting you from downtown to some southern neighbourhoods. The best way to get around the city is the bus system. Get maps and schedules off the RTD website. Make sure you’re carrying change though. Fair boxes and ticket machines accept no change, only cash.
- For the healthy traveller, cycles are an excellent option. Denver is actively promoting the use of cycles in getting around the city and has a large bike trail network. A recently launched bike share programme covered by 50 different centres in the city is wonderful for getting around. Rides of less than 30 minutes are free! Just remember that bikes are treated as regular vehicles and WILL be pulled over for traffic violations. No running those red lights!
Modes of Transportation in Denver
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Denver. The most preferred mode of transport in Denver is Car.
Average distance: 27.86 km Average time: 37.98 min
Car 72.97%Driving 38.8 min Walking 0.3 min Overall average time for 31.21 kms 39.09 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.35%Tram 12 min Walking 5 min Waiting 3 min Overall average time for 4.67 kms 20 min
Train/Metro 1.35%Train 11 min Overall average time for 20.92 kms 11 min
Walking 8.11%Walking 27.5 min Driving 5.83 min Train 2.5 min Bike 0.67 min Overall average time for 4.69 kms 36.5 min
Bus/Trolleybus 1.35%Bus 20 min Walking 10 min Waiting 2 min Overall average time for 16.09 kms 32 min
- Other Cities on Triphobo
- How To Reach Columbus City
- How To Reach Pismo Beach
- How To Reach Keystone
- How To Reach Jacksonville
- How To Reach Panama City Beach
- How To Reach Little Rock
- How To Reach Amarillo
- How To Reach Reno
- How To Reach Cincinnati
- How To Reach Dallas
- Cities Near Denver
- How To Reach Miami
- How To Reach Los Angeles
- How To Reach New York City
- How To Reach Chicago
- How To Reach Las Vegas
- How To Reach San Francisco
- How To Reach Seattle
- How To Reach San Jose
- How To Reach Saint Louis
- How To Reach Washington D. C.