M C A DenverCurrently Closed
- Address: 1485 Delgany St, Denver, CO 80202, United States
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3032987554
- Ticket Price: 8 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Museums, Family And Kids
There are no permanent exhibits at this contemporary art museum. Special exhibits stick around for three or four months and then are replaced. They are always terrific. But the museum likes being quirky. For example, they will combine some exhibits with small meals that complement the theme. On Thursday there are intimate music concerts on the rooftop. On Friday some of the city's best bartenders are invited to mix drinks for patrons while some of the best underground DJs do their thing. And the museum keeps getting inventive to make sure their audience keeps coming back. Definitely subscribe to their newsletter.
- Paid parking is available.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- Adult: $5 after 5pm (Tuesday-Friday)
- College Student, Senior 65+, Military: $5
- Group of 10+: USD 8
- B-Side Music Thursdays: 6pm - 8:30pm
- Friday Lookout Club: 6pm - 9pm
- Mallride Stop 16th Street Mall & Wynkoop St.
- Buses 10, 19, 28, 28B, 32, 44 stop 15th St & Wynkoop St.
- Buses 15, 20, 31L, 55L, 72L, 80L, 104X, 120X, CDOT North Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT South Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT West Line (DAILY), FF1, FF2, FF3, FF6, L, LNX, LSX, LX stop Union Station.
- Buses 0, 19, 39L, Free MetroRide, Mallride, Metroride stop Union Station.
- Light Rail C, E, W stop Union Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.62% of people who visit Denver include M C A Denver in their plan
95% of people start their M C A Denver visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see M C A Denver
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting M C A Denver
People normally also visit Denver Zoo while planning their trip to M C A Denver.
Truly one of my favorite museums in Denver. It features 3 floors with 3 different artists. Each floor is dedicated to one artist. The exhibits change about quarterly so there’s usually always something new. This museum features great contemporary art that speaks to current and past pop culture and more importantly political commentary. Truly a great space. Also features a beautiful top floor bar that can be rented with a huge encompassing porch featuring views of downtown Denver.
A unique collection of contemporary art is housed in this three story building. When I went it was sparse but interesting nonetheless. If you never been to the MCA I recommend going at least once, they have different showcases every few months and the first Saturday of every month is called penny day since they only charge an admission price of $0.01 on that day for Colorado residents. Worth checking out!
I would highly recommend going while the tara donovan exhibit is still on display. Wonderful art year round and the building is an architectural masterpiece. One of the best experiences Denver has to offer!
I absolutely love this museum !! They always have incredible thought-provoking exhibits. The current exhibition by Tara Donovan is amazing !
You'll always find something here that will at the most touch your soul and at the least start a conversation. They are super supportive of artists and have some awesome after hours programs. The rooftop is one of the coolest places in Denver and is the perfect place to grab a glass of wine and chill.