M C A Denver, Denver
About M C A Denver, Denver
M C A Denver, Denver - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1485 Delgany St, Denver, CO 80202
Ticket Price: 8 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 12:00 pm - 07:00 pm Details
Added 633 times in trip plans
Art Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
There are no permanent exhibits at this contemporary art museum. Special exhibits stick around for three or four months and then are replaced. They are always terrific. But the museum likes being quirky. For example, they will combine some exhibits with small meals that complement the theme. On Thursday there are intimate music concerts on the rooftop. On Friday some of the city's best bartenders are invited to mix drinks for patrons while some of the best underground DJs do their thing. And the museum keeps getting inventive to make sure their audience keeps coming back. Definitely subscribe to their newsletter.
M C A Denver Information
- Paid parking is available.
- Wheelchair accessible.
M C A Denver Ticket Prices
- Adult: $5 after 5pm (Tuesday-Friday)
- College Student, Senior 65+, Military: $5
- Group of 10+: USD 8
M C A Denver Opening and Closing Hours
- B-Side Music Thursdays: 6pm - 8:30pm
- Friday Lookout Club: 6pm - 9pm
How To reach M C A Denver by Public Transport
- Mallride Stop 16th Street Mall & Wynkoop St.
- Buses 10, 19, 28, 28B, 32, 44 stop 15th St & Wynkoop St.
- Buses 15, 20, 31L, 55L, 72L, 80L, 104X, 120X, CDOT North Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT South Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT West Line (DAILY), FF1, FF2, FF3, FF6, L, LNX, LSX, LX stop Union Station.
- Buses 0, 19, 39L, Free MetroRide, Mallride, Metroride stop Union Station.
- Light Rail C, E, W stop Union Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
M C A Denver, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
Beautiful museum, innovation and creativity start as soon as you walk through the door. (the hallway into the museum is a work of art in itself) Prices are really good and I am thankful for the military rate. Rooftop coffee and bar had amazing views, I enjoyed a charcuterie appetizer. Staff was above and beyond attentive and kind when I lost my parking pass. Cant wait to bring out of town guest here.
This place is simply great. Always friendly and engaging staff. Fearless and challenging exhibits are the norm. Oh, and did I mention that admission is really affordable?
Denver's contemporary art museum has gone from a renovated fish market to a stunning building designed by starchitect David Adjaye. The exhibits don't always match the quality of the exhibition space, but are always provocative. There are five galleries on two floors plus a basement installation space, education spaces, a small store, a library, and a rooftop cafe and deck with great views of lower downtown. Cutting-edge exhibits of the latest contemporary art feature regional, national, and international artists.
In the grand scheme of museums I wasn't particularly impressed. It's cool that they switch out the work so often but often but some of it was just ridiculous and at times pornographic. I don't consider a lot of what I saw to be art pieces. You get a great view from their rooftop bar although bottom of the line drinks are insanely overpriced. I can't say I'd go back.
As much as I enjoyed the art, I even more enjoyed the architecture of the building. The space was inspiring. It was a great addition to our weekend vacation in Denver.
- Nearby Attractions
- 1789 Lima St
- United Artists Denver Pavilions 15
- Royal Arch Trail
- 5516 Lisbon St
- Union Station Gate B20
- Keystone Ski Resort
- Best Western Plus Denver Hotel
- The Seasons Of Cherry Creek Apartments
- Pikes Peak Parking Lot
- Beaver Village
- Denver Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 48 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 72 Hours in Denver
- How to Spend 5 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 6 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 7 Days in Denver