While in Denver, head to the highest paved road in North America to get your bragging rights to say that you have been to 14000 foot mountain. The ride ends when it is still 130 feet or so to reach the peak. Park your car and hike up the rest of the distance. Apart from the bragging rights, you will be rewarded with some of the stunning views on the journey to the top and once there, be ready to be mesmerized by the natural beauty and endless miles of land!
There is also an option to camp at this scenic park. Camping at 9000 – 11000 feet provides the best of views or you may take up activities like fishing, biking, hiking and much more.
Mount Evans Travel Tips
- Avoid visiting Mount Evans over the weekend. There will be a lot of people and no place for parking.
- The best time to catch a glimpse of wildlife is either early in the day, around sunrise or around sunset.
- Due to elevation, it gets colder as you higher up the mountain. Carry a coat and a hat along.
- No entrance fee for bicyclers and hikers.
- Make sure the road is open till the top to make the most of your visit. You don’t want to return disappointed. Road to the top opens in May around Memorial Day after ploughing the snow. Once made open to public, it remains open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Roads are closed, in parts, after Labor Day.
Entrance Ticket Details For Mount Evans
- Given ticket price is for vehicles carrying 1 to 12 people
- Vehicles carrying 13 -40 people: 25 USD
- Vehicles carrying more than 40 people: 40 USD
- Motorcycles, bicycles and hikers: 3 USD
- Federation Recreation Passport holders, Bicycles & Hikers – FREE.
Mount Evans Hours
- Pikes peak is open: 7am – 7pm.
How to Reach Mount Evans
- It is best to hire a cab to get to Mount Evans.
- Sopp & Truscott Bakery
- Blue Sky Cafe
- Silver Plume Tea Room
- The Happy Cooker
(Note to Analyst: Given the nature of this attractions, nearest eateries are at least 13-14 kilometres away)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
23.78% of people who visit Denver include Mount Evans in their plan
06 AM - 07 AM
52.17% of people start their Mount Evans visit around 06 AM - 07 AM
5 Hrs 30 Minutes
People usually take around 5 Hrs 30 Minutes to see Mount Evans
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Mount Evans
Mount Evans Reviews & Ratings
Cool spot close to Denver but that means crowds. Like much of Colorado these days this place is usually crowded so definitely visit on an off day if you can. Great views and wildlife viewing. Can hike or drive to the top which is nice if you have older people with you that can’t do the hike. Definitely bring a jacket, it’s cold at the top!
God's majesty on display! You can see the front range, Denver and the metro area, Pike's Peak (approx 155 miles away) and more beautiful vistas. The animals are amazing too. Mountain goats and sheep, birds, marmots, chipmunks! The alpine tundra and the flowers are amazing!
Highest paved road in the US! Lots of Mountain Goats and longhorn Sheep. Parking is tight up at the summit. Bring warm clothes with you! Gets pretty chilly with the wind chill above 14 thousand feet elevation. Make sure you stop at Summit Lake and take the short walk to the Chicago Lakes overlook.
The drive up to Mount Evans is something every visitor and local should experience. Once you are at the top you are greeted with stunning views in every direction. There are many points along the drive to pull over and explore or take pictures, so budget at least 4 hours round-trip from Isaho Springs. Don't forget to bring a jacket!
Always love visiting here, never gets old. Something new to see each time, weather is always such a huge variable. Loved seeing the quintessential marmot on this visit!