Union Station, Denver
About Union Station, Denver
Union Station, Denver - Address, Phone Number
Address: 1701 Wynkoop St, Denver, CO 80202, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 18.3K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Station
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
This is not your regular transportation hub. There is a lot more going on. The historic structure was completed in 1914, was built in place of an earlier station that burnt down. Beginning in 2012 the Union Station saw a huge renovation project that turn dirt into mix between a Transportation Hub and developmental site. Highlights of the train station are as follows:
- 112 Room Crawford Hotel
- A number of excellent restaurants with ice cream, alcohol, confectionery and also regular food on the menu.
- There's a lovely book store, a souvenir shop, and a florist.
The hotel offers tours of the train station, and covers history, art, transportation facilities, eateries, and shops. It also covers the hotel's special guest rooms. Of course, you can see all this on a self guided tour too.
Union Station Information
- Paid parking available.
Union Station Ticket Prices
- Tour prices: USD 20
- Tours last one hour.
Union Station Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours by Crawford hotel: Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays at 1pm
How To reach Union Station by Public Transport
- Mallride Stop 16th Street Mall & Wynkoop St.
- By Buses 10, 19, 28, 28B, 32, 44 stop 15th St & Wynkoop St.
- By Buses 15, 20, 31L, 55L, 72L, 80L, 104X, 120X, CDOT North Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT South Line (WEEKDAYS ONLY), CDOT West Line (DAILY), FF1, FF2, FF3, FF6, L, LNX, LSX, LX stop Union Station.
- By Buses 0, 19, 39L, Free MetroRide, MALLRIDE, METRORIDE stop Union Station.
- Light Rail C, E, W stop Union Station.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Denver before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Denver and book an accommodation of your choice.
Union Station, Denver Reviews - Write a Review
I never thought I would be rating a train station. This place is so unique and exceptional! The furniture and architecture are one of a kind. You can grab an old fashioned while waiting for the train, get a hand crafted coffee, or food at the pub. Best train station in North America! If you are in Denver - you have to check this place out.
Impressive! The best train station that I have ever visited in my travels within the United States. I really appreciate the attention to detail with the quality furniture that is accessible to all of the guests who travel or pick up friends and family from the lobby. All of the furniture was of high quality and an excellent modern design. It felt more like a huge hotel lobby than a train station!
I love Union Station, its one of the most beautiful places just to hang out and people watch. Theirs restrooms, ice cream, coffee, beer, breakfast, a hotel and a book store. It's very comfy and the art and architecture takes you back 100 years. Whether hanging out inside or outside, you won't be disappointed.
There are not many train stations that I would consider a destination without taking a train. Union Station in Denver is. The architecture is warm and inviting with several restaurants inside. You also can hang out and people watch as well. It is a good place to meet friends for a drink or meal and I highly recommend it whether or not you are taking the train.
Went to take pictures and learn about the Amtrak train system. Has a nice view inside and out. Also has a small gift shop inside along with places to eat plus tables to use your laptop or just hang out. Parking is 6 dollar for every 30 mins or an all day fee which I didn't bother looking at case 6 bucks was scary enough at the public parking spot a block away.
- Nearby Attractions
- La Loma
- 2645 W Scott Pl
- Keystone Mountain
- Pikes Peak - America's Mountain
- Residence Inn
- Staybridge Suites Denver-stapleton
- Hopdoddy Burger Bar
- Beet Box
- Echo Lake Park
- Denver Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 48 Hours in Denver
- What to See in 72 Hours in Denver
- How to Spend 5 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 6 Days in Denver
- How to Spend 7 Days in Denver