Fort Walton Mound295 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 139 Miracle Strip Pkwy SE, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, United States, 32548, Destin
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8508339595
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, History Museums, Educational Site, Historical Site, Archaeological Site , Heritage Building, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
A site of archaeological importance is a protected part of Fort Walton Beach Heritage Park & Cultural Center.
Two main important sites worth visiting are: Fort Walton Mound and Indian Temple Mound Museum.
- Fort Walton Mound: Recognized as National Historic Landmark in 1964, this mound is one of the most striking artefacts and one of the largest on Gulf coast. This mound worked as a foundation for the Temple and was used frequently by early inhabitants for religious purposes and also was a burial ground.
- Indian Temple Mound Museum: It has on display artefacts from pre-Columbian era, Native American and Florida history.
Fort Walton Mound Travel Tips
- Other Hours:Historic buildings- September through May: 1 PM to 3 PM and June through August: 12 PM to 4 PM.
- Other Ticket prices: Group Tours: Per student- USD 4.24 (for both the locations).
- Per student- USD 2.12 (for any one location).
- Tips & Warnings: Museum will remain closed on all the major holidays.
- At least 12 people should be part of the group visiting.
- Reservation should be made at least 2 weeks in advance.
How to Reach Fort Walton Mound
- Greyhound bus station is the nearest.
- Alternatively, you may hire a cab to get to the Museum.
- Maas Coffee Roasters
- The Boardroom Pub & Grub
- A Cupcakery By the Sea
- Burrito Del Sol
- KC's Sandbar
- Chin's Cafe
- Lanie's Kitchen
- Brooks Bridge BBQ & Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Destin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Destin and book an accommodation of your choice.
26.08% of people who visit Destin include Fort Walton Mound in their plan
75% of people start their Fort Walton Mound visit around 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort Walton Mound
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Walton Mound