Grayton Beach State Park, Destin
Grayton Beach State Park, Destin - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 357 Main Park Rd, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459, United States
Ticket Price: 4 USD
Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
Added 2K times in trip plans
Park, Biking Trail, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Sports Camp, Boating
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Grayton Beach State Park, Destin
A State Park located between Panama City and Destin, it is one of the most popular parks with its sugar white sand and emerald water. You may take up activities like swimming, fishing, snorkelling, bicycling, bird-watching or hiking! You may also camp here – the Park has approximately 30 cabins.
Grayton Beach State Park Information
- Pets should be on leash at all times.
- Pets should be kept in camping unit during quiet hours.
- Owners are requested to clean up after the pets and dispose in designated trash cans.
- Anybody under 18 years of age is not allowed to camp overnight, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Pets (domesticated and/or service animals) are allowed in family camping areas but not in cabin or in the areas where cabins are located.
- All the sites have basic amenities like ground grill, picnic table, water and electricity.
Grayton Beach State Park Opening and Closing Hours
- Park gates close at sunset– inform the Park before 5 PM in case you are late or are planning to arrive after the sunset.
- Other Ticket Prices: Per vehicle (2-8 people per vehicle)- USD 5.
- Single passenger in a vehicle - USD 4.
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, passengers accompanying holders of Annual Individual Entrance Permit and any extra passengers- USD 2.
- Camping Fees: Old Campsites - USD 24 per night and New Campsites- USD 30 per night.
- Seniors (65+), seniors with social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government – Eligible for 50% discount.
How To reach Grayton Beach State Park by Public Transport
- Hire a cab to get to the Beach.
- Alternatively, check with your hotel if they provide any shuttle.
Restaurants Near Grayton Beach State Park
- Chanticleer Eatery
- The Red Bar
- Another Broken Egg Cafe
- Grayton Bar & Grill
- Fish Out Of Water (reservation required)
- Cafe Hibiscus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Destin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Destin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Grayton Beach State Park Tickets And Tours
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best best of Destin
Grayton Beach State Park, Destin Reviews - Write a Review
This area is my home away from home. Been coming here multiple times a year for 17 years. My husband's family has been part of Grayton for more than 35 years. We love it here. It's very family oriented and truly a great place. Red bar is located close by but I usually don't go there. They have good food but Im not a bar kind of person. Now on to Grayton State Park since this is supposed to be about that. Grayton is a great place to vacation and I hope to call the area my home someday. The sheriff's department is great about patrols around here and there are multiple protected areas for turtles and for the sand dunes. The Lake is beautiful and I think it is technically part of the State park too.. I can't think of much else to say. We Love it here and you and your family will too!
Such a fun and beautiful place. Great for families of all ages. We brought our own kayaks and SUP board and had a great time. Easy launch place, safe and fun.
Really great place for a vacation we have been there several times and we can't wait to go back! It is nice and quiet most camping slots have privacy.
This is a really nice park, and we had a wonderful time. I expect we'll be back again next year. One interesting feature that you don't see on all Florida beaches was that a pond back in the dunes was overflowing and running into the gulf. This pond water was tea-colored because of minerals or tannins from vegetation or something. It was interesting. We also had some beautiful sunsets.
Really nice state park for camping, I camped in a tent for 2 people, electricity and fresh water were in good condition. Clean restrooms with a few showers and changing rooms. The facilities are not new but are in working conditions. Beach is a little far from camping ground for a walk specially in hot weather. The best thing is that the beach is private so you don't have all the noise and big crowds of public beaches. Surf fishing is also good.