Grayton Beach State ParkCurrently Open [Closes at 05:30 pm]
- Address: 357 Main Park Rd, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459, United States, 32459, Destin
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8502678300
- Fax: +1-8502314210
- Ticket Price: 4 USD
- Time Required: 08:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Biking Trail, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Sports Camp, Boating, Landmarks, Parks
A State Park located between Panama City and Destin, it is one of the most popular parks with its sugar white sand and emerald water. You may take up activities like swimming, fishing, snorkelling, bicycling, bird-watching or hiking! You may also camp here – the Park has approximately 30 cabins.
- Pets should be on leash at all times.
- Pets should be kept in camping unit during quiet hours.
- Owners are requested to clean up after the pets and dispose in designated trash cans.
- Anybody under 18 years of age is not allowed to camp overnight, unless accompanied by an adult.
- Pets (domesticated and/or service animals) are allowed in family camping areas but not in cabin or in the areas where cabins are located.
- All the sites have basic amenities like ground grill, picnic table, water and electricity.
- Park gates close at sunset– inform the Park before 5 PM in case you are late or are planning to arrive after the sunset.
- Other Ticket Prices: Per vehicle (2-8 people per vehicle)- USD 5.
- Single passenger in a vehicle - USD 4.
- Pedestrians, bicyclists, passengers accompanying holders of Annual Individual Entrance Permit and any extra passengers- USD 2.
- Camping Fees: Old Campsites - USD 24 per night and New Campsites- USD 30 per night.
- Seniors (65+), seniors with social security disability award certificate or a 100 percent disability award certificate from the Federal Government – Eligible for 50% discount.
- Hire a cab to get to the Beach.
- Alternatively, check with your hotel if they provide any shuttle.
- Chanticleer Eatery
- The Red Bar
- Another Broken Egg Cafe
- Grayton Bar & Grill
- Fish Out Of Water (reservation required)
- Cafe Hibiscus
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Destin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Destin and book an accommodation of your choice.
22.54% of people who visit Destin include Grayton Beach State Park in their plan
88.89% of people start their Grayton Beach State Park visit around 08 AM
People usually take around 8 Hrs to see Grayton Beach State Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Grayton Beach State Park
People normally also visit Henderson Beach State Park while planning their trip to Grayton Beach State Park.
People also prefer to start their day with Grayton Beach State Park.
We decided to try a new place in Florida and so glad we found Grayton Beach State Park. What a jewel. Beautiful park, white beach, and emerald green water along with clean park facilities made for a perfect stay. We enjoyed getting to know locals who frequent the beach (to find the best go where the locals go!). We tried several restaurants at the recommendation of locals and were not disappointed. HIGHLY RECOMMEND Grayton Beach State Park. The weekdays were less crowded so go then if you are able to. If on a weekend go early because they close off admittance once capacity is reached.
Super awesome beach, let me count the ways I love you.... 1. Your emerald green water is crystal clear most days 2. You have abundant state parks surrounding you 3. Your sand is so fine 4. Unless storming, you are a calm and serene place of great beauty 5. And I even enjoyed your after storm forceful waves that threw me down and rubbed same in my face.
Awesome state park. Clean restrooms and beach. Parking lot is close to the beach thank goodness. The other beaches we visited from the parking lot to the beach was a trek. Not a big deal if your not toting chairs, umbrella, kids and a cooler. We will definitely be coming back here when we visit Florida again. Oh ya they waived the entrance fee which took us back. Great family beach to visit.
Great week off at the beach! Cabins are quaint, but nice for a get away to a quiet section of the beach. Only 15 duplex cabins in this gated area. We brought own pillows as ones provided were kinda thin. Kitchen is basic, but has toaster, coffe maker, dishwasher, oven, stove, microwave and medium refrigerator ( shelf height is smaller). Nice screened porch with rocking chairs. Beach access over dunes includes ramp if needed. Enjoyed the quiet week. Lots to explore. Beach is quiet and beautiful.
Nice state park with boardwalk beach access. The nature trails near the freshwater lake are very scenic.