Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History230 Votes Currently Open
Founded by Dr. Charles Wright in 1965 along with a racially integrated group of community members this museum is spread over 125,000 square fee, and is the largest institute of this kind. With an adventure of history, art and achievement awaiting you, the key to the experience is the exhibit ‘And Still We Rise: Our Journey Through African American History and Culture’, a delightful 22,000 square feet interactive core exhibit. The museum features over 35,000 artefacts and archival materials and contains the Blanche Coggin Underground Railroad Collection, Harriet Tubman Museum Collection, Coleman A. Young Collection and the Sheffield Collection.
The Wright Museum also holds concerts, film screenings, lectures, performances, community health and fitness classes. It also has a store that sells African and African American art, books and other items. You could also relax at the cafe that serves sandwiches, fruit and cold beverages.
Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History Travel Tips
- Free parking is available on Brush Street.
- Disability friendly.
- Limited number of wheelchairs available.
- Elevators and ramps accessible to public.
- Stroller can be accommodated.
- ATM available in the premises.
- Lockers available for 50cents on the lower level.
- Complimentary coat racks at the front entrance.
- Affordable parking available at the Cultural Centre parking lot.
Entrance Ticket Details For Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History
- Seniors (62+): USD 5; Youth (3-12): USD 5;
- Members & children under 3: Free.
How to Reach Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History
- Bus No. 014 stops at Warren & Bush
- Bus No. 49 stops at St. Antoine & Bush
- Little Caesar’s Pizza
- China House
- You Name It
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Detroit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Detroit and book an accommodation of your choice.
17.1% of people who visit Detroit include Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
50% of people start their Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History
54.55% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History