Detroit Historical Society283 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5401 Woodward Ave, Detroit, MI 48202, United States
- Timings: 09:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3138337935
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, History Museums, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
The Detroit Historical Society (DHS) founded in 1921 with the aim of studying and discussing Detroit history. However this changed in 1927 when under the leadership of one of the DHS directors the Society founded the Detroit Historical Museum and managed it thereafter for 20 years.
The Detroit Historical Museum holds both Signature Exhibitions which are permanent installations that showcase Detroit’s history and also Changing Exhibitions which are held for short durations.
Prearranged tours are also conducted namely Detroit Memories & Moments, Historical Perspectives, Art House, FBI Detroit Field Office, Detroit Opera House and Detroit Boat Club tours among others.
Signature Exhibitions consist of:
- America’s Motor City – the fascinating relationship between cars and Detroit
- The Arsenal of Democracy – Detroit produced 30 percent of the American war material for WWII
- Doorway to Freedom – Story of the underground railroad that got people to Freedom
- Frontiers to Factories – the first two centuries of Detroit
- Kid Rock Music Lab – an interactive exhibit on Detroit’s musical legacy
- Legend’s Plaza – the who’s who of Detroit history
- Maier’s Wonderful Clock
- Streets of Old Detroit – the most loved signature exhibitions
- The Allesee Gallery of Culture
- Gallery of Innovation
- The Glancy Trains
Detroit Historical Society Travel Tips
- Parking for Detroit Historical Museum is available at $6 in the adjacent Museum lot.
Entrance Ticket Details For Detroit Historical Society
- Various tours of the Detroit Historical Museum are conducted with ticket price varying from $5 to $45.
- Gallery Grill
- Java Three
- Kresge Court and cafedia
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Detroit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Detroit and book an accommodation of your choice.
21.04% of people who visit Detroit include Detroit Historical Society in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Detroit Historical Society visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Detroit Historical Society
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Detroit Historical Society
People normally club together Detroit Institute Of Arts and Charles H.wright Museum Of African American History while planning their visit to Detroit Historical Society.