Detroit International RiverfrontCurrently Closed
- Address: Detroit Riverwalk, Detroit, MI 48243, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3135668200
- Time Required: 04:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Walking Area, Dine In, Broadway, Mall, Shopping Center, Family And Kids, Cruise
Detroit RiverFront is one of the hallmark attractions of the city of Detroit. The RiverFront extends from the Ambassador Bridge in the west to the Belle Island in the east, for a total of 5.5 miles or 8.8 kilometres.
The RiveFront comprises of several smaller tourist attractions. Some of the more notable ones are:
- Belle Isle State Park an island state park that is home to the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory.
- Chene Park, an amphitheatre with the capacity to seat 6,000 that regularly holds summer concerts.
- Dequindre Cut Greenway, a non motorised mile long trail, noted for it’s high quality graffiti art.
- GM Plaza and Promenade, also known as the Renaissance Centre or RenCen. The seven interconnected sky scrapers are home to some of the largest businesses in the world, such as General Motors and the Marriott.
- Hart Plaza and the Dock of Detroit is a city plaza and cruise ship dock located in the heart of Detroit. The cruise ship dock receives some of the biggest cruise liners to sail the waters.
- River Place is a 5.5 mile long promenade located directly on the river, sometimes bridging it. The Rivard Plaza located on the promenade features seating, carousals, concession stands and bike rentals.
- William G. Milliken State Park and Harbour is a state park.
Detroit International Riverfront Travel Tips
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult of 21 years or older.
- Dress modestly, since this is a family environment.
- There are designated fishing areas. Please don’t fish anywhere else.
- Swimming, Camping and campfires, alcoholic beverages, motor vehicles and obscenity are prohibited.
How to Reach Detroit International Riverfront
- Bus No. 025, 053, 445, 475, 805 & 851 stop at Jefferson & Randolph
- Bus No. 007, 010, 025, 034, 040, 048, 053, 125, 200 & 255 stop at Larned & Woodward
- Joe Muer Seafood
- Andiamo Detroit Riverfront
- Coach Insignia
- The Hudson Café
- Olga’s Kitchen
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Detroit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Detroit and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.42% of people who visit Detroit include Detroit International Riverfront in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
35.78% of people start their Detroit International Riverfront visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Detroit International Riverfront
86.85% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Detroit International Riverfront