Fisher BuildingCurrently Open
- Address: 3011 W Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI 48202, United States.
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, View Point, Architecture
A landmark skyscraper, the Fisher Building is constructed with several types of marbles, granite and limestone and designed in an Art Deco style.
With 21 elevators it consists of 30 stories with the roof being 428 feet tall, the top floor at 339 feet and the spire at 444 feet.
As the building was originally covered in gold leaf faced tile it was nicknamed the Golden Tower. This was changed to asphalt material for fear of bombing during World War II. It was then replaced with green terra cotta tile as the asphalt could not be removed without damage.
- 2,089 seater Fisher Theatre
- The headquarters for the Detroit Public Schools
- Art galleries namely the Gertrude Kasle Gallery and London Fine Arts Group
- Girl Scouts of Southeastern Michigan
- Radio stations WDVD-FM and WDRQ-FM, besides other prestigious names
- The first three floors have shops, eating houses and Banks along the arcade and the streets
Fisher Building Travel Tips
- Take your camera along to click exquisite photos.
- The Pure Detroit free tour takes you right up enabling you to get a good view of the city. Take your camera along.
Entrance Ticket Details For Fisher Building
- Applicable as per facility. Eg. Fisher Theatre will have its tickets priced as per the show.
How to Reach Fisher Building
- Bus No. 23 stops at 2nd & Grand Boulevard
- Bus No. 16 stops at Grand Boulevard & 3rd
- The Zenith, Rice Bowl Fresh Asian Kitchen, Coney Man, Motown Cravings, Cuisine
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Detroit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Detroit and book an accommodation of your choice.
10.48% of people who visit Detroit include Fisher Building in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50% of people start their Fisher Building visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fisher Building
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fisher Building