Fisher Mansion162 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: The Fisher Mansion,383 Lenox Ave, 48215, Detroit, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-3133316740
- Ticket Price: 5 USD
- Time Required: 00:45 Mins
- Tags: Art And Culture, History Museums, Archaeological Site , Specialty Museums, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
This large beautiful 22,000 sq.ft mansion built in 1927 by Lawrence Fisher. Designed by the great theatre architect C.Howard Crane. The architectural style is Embellished Mediterranean Revival and the interior was done in a style known as Hollywood vintage a mix of Art deco and various other styles. More than 200 workers were brought to America specifically build the mansion.
Alfred Brush Ford(great-grandson of Henry Ford) and Elisabeth Reuther Dickmeyer(daughter of United Auto workers President, Walter Reuther) purchased the Fisher Estate In 1975. Inspired by the spiritual teachings of His Divine Grace A.C.Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada. They converted the mansion to the Bhaktivedanta Cultural Centre. Highlights:
- Venetian stained glass windows.
- Pillars from a fifteenth century German Castle.
- Fisher’s silent floor - 2.5 feet thick oak wood constructed with butterfly joints and pegs – “no nails, will not creak”.
- A Door which leads to an underground tunnel which goes to a heated, indoor swimming pool.
- Hand painted canvas panels by William Wright.
- Ceiling borders have leafing of mixed gold and silver.
- Ceiling Mediterranean style from Southern France.
- Floor is East Indian rosewood.
Fisher Mansion Travel Tips
- There is no eatery within the premises.
How to Reach Fisher Mansion
- Bus No 013 stops at Lenox & Avondale
- Earl of Sandwich
- Rose's Fine Foods
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Detroit before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Detroit and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.94% of people who visit Detroit include Fisher Mansion in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
46.67% of people start their Fisher Mansion visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Fisher Mansion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fisher Mansion
Fisher Mansion Reviews & Ratings
Much reminiscing about my childhood ages 6-8 years old. I grew up on 607 Lenox. Am very proud to have the memories I do.
We had a great experience in ISKCON temple in Detroit today. We went there after some time and it was nice to see dedicated families and same devotees and people that we have seen there for the last 10 years. Powerful chanting meditation was so peaceful and spiritual. !!!!
I always have an amazing and uplifting experience here! The food was out of this world.
You will need a guide to comprehend the deep value of what is being offered and discussed however, if you grasp it , it is the game changer.generous mercy giving beautiful
Community gathering for learning about Krishna consciousness. Enjoyed vegetarian dinner and discussion.
Where do you park at Fisher mansion what days do you need a guided tour ? Or self tourAnswer Report Abuse
Parking is available in the vicinity of Fisher Mansion and guided tours are offered in the month of December.Report Abuse