How to Reach Detroit
The Easiest Way to Reach Detroit
HOW TO GET TO DETROIT
- By Air: Detroit Metro Airport is the nearest airport you will get if you need to reach Detroit by air. This airport is located 15 miles southwest of Detroit. From the airport hire a car or a taxi to reach the center of the city.
- By Car: Coming by car to Detroit is the easiest option you can think of. Many interstates meet the downtown Detroit. Interstate l-75 runs from Toledo to through downtown Detriot. Interstate l-94 runs from Chicago to Detroit. l-96 runs from Lansing to Detroit.
- By Bus: If you are coming to Detroit by bus, Greyhound will be the convenient option. It travels to Chicago, Toronto, Toledo and all over Michigan. Megabus (another option to choose) runs to and from Chicago, East Lansing and Grand Rapids.
- By Train: Amtrak train serves to and from Chicago. So, if you have a plan of coming to Detroit by train, choose this option.
HOW TO GET AROUND DETROIT
- By Car: With ample parking space available all over the city, travelling by a car around the city will be a convenient option.
- By Bus: Detroit’s Department of Transportation offers bus service within the city. It is also considered as an easiest mode of transportation within Detroit.
- By Elevated Rail: Elevated rail runs a 3 miles loop in the downtown Detroit. To get into the downtown region, this option is the best.
- On Bicycle: Though travelling in a bus or a car is also considered to be convenient. But taking a look into Detroit’s map will show that many streets with multiple lanes. For those, it will be easy to travel by bicycle.
- On Foot: Beside this option, walking few blocks is always advisable.
Explore the route planner online for your visit to Detroit and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Modes of Transportation in Detroit
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Detroit. The most preferred mode of transport in Detroit is Car.
Average distance: 36.88 km Average time: 44.9 min
Car 95.24%Driving 43.8 min Walking 1.35 min Overall average time for 37.43 kms 45.15 min
Bus/Trolleybus 4.76%Bus 40 min Overall average time for 25.75 kms 40 min
- How to reach Cities Near Detroit
- How to reach Center Township
- How to reach St. Clair Township
- How to reach Lincoln Charter Township
- How to reach Cussewago Township
- How to reach Venango Township
- How to reach Aleppo Township
- How to reach Brady Township
- How to reach East Mead Township
- How to reach Adams Township
- How to reach Economy
- How to reach Bradys Bend Township
- How to reach Pleasant Valley
- How to reach Cities around the world
- How to reach Verul
- How to reach Raigarh Fort
- How to reach Badnapur
- How to reach Liverpool
- How to reach Udaipur
- How to reach Accra
- How to reach Algiers
- How to reach Doha
- How to reach Ratnagiri
- How to reach Petersfield