How to Reach Dharamshala - The Easiest Way to Reach Dharamshala
- By Air: Flights to Dharamsala land at the Gaggal airport. There are two flights daily but are prone to cancellation due to weather or lack of passengers.
- By Bus: Travelling by bus is most popular way to get to Dharamsala, but can be a very slow journey through the winding roads. These trips take you to lower Dharamsala. You can book then for your return trip back down.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is at Pathankot. From there, you can either hop on a bus or private taxi. People who love travelling by train can climb aboard the slow but picturesque Kangra Valley Railway from Pathankot.
- By Auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws are a preferred and cheap mode of travelling around.
- By Private Taxi: Many tourists who travel to Dharamsala book a private taxi for a fixed number. If you plan on hiring one, ensure you discuss the rates with the taxi driver in advance.
- On Foot: Dharamshala is small enough to be travelled on foot.
Are you looking for a Dharamshala travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in Dharamshala
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dharamshala. The most preferred mode of transport in Dharamshala is Car.
Average distance: 40 km Average time: 120 min
Car 100%Driving 120 min Overall average time for 40 kms 120 min
How to Reach Dharamshala from Nearby Cities
|Palampur to Dharamshala||23.45 km||23 mins|
|Pathankot to Dharamshala||97.81 km||4 hours 30 mins|
|Dalhousie to Dharamshala||121.42 km||2 hours 16 mins|
- How to reach Dalhousie
- How to reach Kullu
- How to reach Shimla
- How to reach Jammu
- How to reach Amritsar
- How to reach Katra
- How to reach Kasauli
- How to reach Chandigarh
- How to reach Leh
- How to reach Agra
- How to reach Mumbai
- How to reach Delhi
- How to reach Chennai
- How to reach Jaipur
- How to reach Panaji