How to Reach Dharamshala
- By Air: Flights to Dharamsala land at the Gaggal airport. There are two flights daily but are prone to cancellation due to weather or lack of passengers.
- By Bus: Travelling by bus is most popular way to get to Dharamsala, but can be a very slow journey through the winding roads. These trips take you to lower Dharamsala. You can book then for your return trip back down.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is at Pathankot. From there, you can either hop on a bus or private taxi. People who love travelling by train can climb aboard the slow but picturesque Kangra Valley Railway from Pathankot.
- By Auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws are a preferred and cheap mode of travelling around.
- By Private Taxi: Many tourists who travel to Dharamsala book a private taxi for a fixed number. If you plan on hiring one, ensure you discuss the rates with the taxi driver in advance.
- On Foot: Dharamshala is small enough to be travelled on foot.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dharamshala. The most preferred mode of transport in Dharamshala is Car.
Average distance: 40 km Average time: 120 min
Car 100%Driving 120 min Overall average time for 40 kms 120 min
|Palampur to Dharamshala||23.45 km||23 mins|
|Dalhousie to Dharamshala||42.82 km||42 mins|
|Bilaspur to Dharamshala||53.78 km||53 mins|
|Ludhiana to Dharamshala||63.13 km||1 hour 3 mins|
|Chandigarh to Dharamshala||63.56 km||1 hour 3 mins|
|Ambala city to Dharamshala||69.28 km||1 hour 9 mins|
|Panchkula to Dharamshala||71.45 km||1 hour 11 mins|
|Sangrur to Dharamshala||75.13 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Ambala cantt to Dharamshala||75.43 km||1 hour 15 mins|
|Ambala sadar to Dharamshala||75.47 km||1 hour 15 mins|