How to Reach Dharamshala
- By Air: Flights to Dharamsala land at the Gaggal airport. There are two flights daily but are prone to cancellation due to weather or lack of passengers.
- By Bus: Travelling by bus is most popular way to get to Dharamsala, but can be a very slow journey through the winding roads. These trips take you to lower Dharamsala. You can book then for your return trip back down.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is at Pathankot. From there, you can either hop on a bus or private taxi. People who love travelling by train can climb aboard the slow but picturesque Kangra Valley Railway from Pathankot.
- By Auto rickshaws: Auto rickshaws are a preferred and cheap mode of travelling around.
- By Private Taxi: Many tourists who travel to Dharamsala book a private taxi for a fixed number. If you plan on hiring one, ensure you discuss the rates with the taxi driver in advance.
- On Foot: Dharamshala is small enough to be travelled on foot.