Kareri Lake1970 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Kareri Lake, Kangra dist., Himachal Pradesh, Dharamshala, India
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 10:00 Hrs
- Tags: Water Body, Village, Camp, Family And Kids, Lake
A must visit for trekkers, the Kareri Lake is located between the ranges of Dhauladhar. An elliptical glacial lake, head over to the place for a rich and surreal experience. Plan visiting during summers when the pasture lands are rich and the area surrounding the lake is filled with an array of wild flowers. If you plan on staying overnight, you can spend a night at a homestay in Kareri Village located near the lake.
Kareri Lake Travel Tips
- Carry drinking water and snacks with you.
- Wear sturdy shoes.
- Please do not litter around.
- The best months to undertake this trek are April, May, June, September and October.
How to Reach Kareri Lake
- From Dharamshala, there are regular local buses to Ghera Village. Hike up to the lake from this village.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dharamshala before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dharamshala and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.04% of people who visit Dharamshala include Kareri Lake in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
40.91% of people start their Kareri Lake visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 10 Hrs to see Kareri Lake
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Kareri Lake