Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942Currently Closed
- Address: Place Camille Saint-Saens, 76200 Dieppe, France
- Timings: 02:00 pm - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-235403665
- Ticket Price: 3 EUR
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museum, War Memorial, Tourist Center, Family And Kids
Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942 - Review
This beachfront museum is housed in an elegant Italian building. Normandy was the site of the infamously bloody landings of the Third Allied Raid, and an impossible number of soldiers lost their lives then. Highlights of the museum are:
- A short film Operation Jubilee on the raid.
- Documents, objects and memorabilia in tribute to the soldiers who gave their lives.
- The hexagonal column depicting the names of the soldiers who lost their lives.
Visiting the museum tends to be at once highly sombre and extremely moving.
Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942 Ticket Prices
- Free: Under 15
- EUR 2.50 : Guided tour
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dieppe before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dieppe and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942
73.25% of people who visit Dieppe include Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942 in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
56.52% of people start their Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942 visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942
58.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Le Memorial Du 19 Aout 1942