Are you looking for what to do in Digha?
WHAT TO SEE
There are a lot of places to visit in Digha. Home to one of the widest beach in the world and nearby attractions make it one of the preferred weekend getaway destination for the locals and tourists alike.
- New Digha: Just a short distance away, this has become the preferred tourist spot as it not only has a beach for the tourists to relax and unwind at, it is now home to one of the largest marine aquariums in Asia – MARC (Marine Aquarium and Research Centre) and a Science centre which makes learning fun and has some interesting things on display!
- Amravati Lake: Beautiful Lake in New Digha with boating facility and a scenic park nearby. You can also visit Deepak Mitra Snake farm, in close proximity to the Lake.
- Chandaneswar: An ancient temple just a few kilometres away from the City, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Shankarpur: A recent find, it is also known as twin beach of Digha. With lesser crowd flocking at this beach, it is almost like visiting a private beach of your own. One of the main attractions here is its fishing harbour project.
WHERE TO BE
- Shopping: Splurge on handmade local handicrafts and beautiful ornaments made from the seashells. You might find yourself a souvenir in handmade mats made with the weeds and are available in various colors. Don’t forget to take back some cashews – a speciality here!
Below we have a list of things to do in Digha and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Digha getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Digha with confidence.