Archaeological Museum Of Dijon201 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 5, rue Dr. Maret, 21000 Dijon, France Map
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-380488370
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Specialty Museums
Take out time to visit the Archaeological museum of Dijon which houses a diversity of culturally and historically relevant artefacts. The collection includes:
- Celtic jewellery
- Items from the Romanesque period
- Gothic items
- Bronze representation of the Goddess Sequana which dates back to the 1ST century AD.
The museum occupies three floors of exhibits whose setting is categorised as:
- The Top floor: It has a vast wooden roof which resembles upturned hull of a ship. The floor houses exhibits from the early history of Burgundy tracing back to Palaeolithic times with actual and reproduction jewellery, tools and ceramics. You shall be amazed to see the sophistication of the early equipments.
- Middle floor: The floor houses a dormitory constructed in the shape of an arched roof. It has two sections of which the first section displays the history of the Abbey of St. Benigne and the reconstruction of building to the present form. The other section displays contemporary art and photographic exhibits.
- The Chapter House: This floor exhibits the remains from the site at the source of the Seine. You can see the bronze representation of Goddess Sequana. The floor also displays the ex Votos in an environmental chamber where temperature and humidity are regulated in order to preserve the wooden sculptures.
How to Reach Archaeological Museum Of Dijon
- Nearest Station : Dijon Ville
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Archaeological Museum Of Dijon Address: 5, rue Dr. Maret, 21000 Dijon, France
- Archaeological Museum Of Dijon Contact Number: +33-380488370
- Archaeological Museum Of Dijon Timing: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Time required to visit Archaeological Museum Of Dijon: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
22.58% of people who visit Dijon include Archaeological Museum Of Dijon in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
70% of people start their Archaeological Museum Of Dijon visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Archaeological Museum Of Dijon
92.96% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Archaeological Museum Of Dijon
People normally club together La Boutique Maille and Musees De Bourguignonne while planning their visit to Archaeological Museum Of Dijon.