Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon541 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 2 Place Notre Dame, 21000 Dijon, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Considered to be the “Grand Dame” of Dijon churches, Notre-Dame cathedral was built between 1230 and 1250, displaying the Burgundian Gothic style. Inside the Chapel, you can see:
- Black Virgin: this 11th century wood sculpture is considered to be the oldest piece of its own kind in France.
- Altar cloth which displays a fine tapestry.
- Modern tapestry which depicts the unsuccessful siege of 1513 and the liberation of 1944.
Outside the church, you can have a look at:
- Sculpture of an Owl: known as the good luck charm. You can follow the tradition of Dijon by touching the Owl’s left hand and making a wish.
- Triple row of gargoyles presenting a grotesque figure.
- Clock tower created in 1383 featuring beautiful jacquemarts, mechanical figures that chime the church bells.
Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon Travel Tips
- The visitors are advised to remain silent inside the cathedral.
How to Reach Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville and Gare Porte Neuve
- Nearest Bus Stop : Notre Dame
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
64.87% of people who visit Dijon include Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
49.69% of people start their Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon
77.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon