Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon, Dijon
About Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon, Dijon
Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon, Dijon - Address, Phone Number
Address: Place Notre Dame, 21000 Dijon, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Considered to be the “Grand Dame” of Dijon churches, Notre-Dame cathedral was built between 1230 and 1250, displaying the Burgundian Gothic style. Inside the Chapel, you can see:
- Black Virgin: this 11th century wood sculpture is considered to be the oldest piece of its own kind in France.
- Altar cloth which displays a fine tapestry.
- Modern tapestry which depicts the unsuccessful siege of 1513 and the liberation of 1944.
Outside the church, you can have a look at:
- Sculpture of an Owl: known as the good luck charm. You can follow the tradition of Dijon by touching the Owl’s left hand and making a wish.
- Triple row of gargoyles presenting a grotesque figure.
- Clock tower created in 1383 featuring beautiful jacquemarts, mechanical figures that chime the church bells.
Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon Information
- The visitors are advised to remain silent inside the cathedral.
How To reach Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon by Public Transport
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville and Gare Porte Neuve
- Nearest Bus Stop : Notre Dame
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Church Of Notre-Dame Of Dijon, Dijon Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Théâtre Dijon Bourgogne - Parvis Saint-jean
- Hotel Ibis Styles Dijon Central
- Parc De La Toison D'or
- La Vapeur
- Opéra De Dijon
- Place De La République
- Cathédrale Saint-bénigne De Dijon
- Musées De La Vie Bourguignonne Et D'art Sacré
- Palais Des Sports De Dijon
- Hotel Mercure Dijon Centre Clémenceau
- Dijon Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dijon
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dijon
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dijon
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dijon
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dijon
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dijon