Church Of Notre-dame Of DijonCurrently Open [Closes at 06:30 pm]
- Address: Place Notre Dame, 21000 Dijon, France
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +33-642775523
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Cathedral
Considered to be the “Grand Dame” of Dijon churches, Notre-Dame cathedral was built between 1230 and 1250, displaying the Burgundian Gothic style. Inside the Chapel, you can see:
- Black Virgin: this 11th century wood sculpture is considered to be the oldest piece of its own kind in France.
- Altar cloth which displays a fine tapestry.
- Modern tapestry which depicts the unsuccessful siege of 1513 and the liberation of 1944.
Outside the church, you can have a look at:
- Sculpture of an Owl: known as the good luck charm. You can follow the tradition of Dijon by touching the Owl’s left hand and making a wish.
- Triple row of gargoyles presenting a grotesque figure.
- Clock tower created in 1383 featuring beautiful jacquemarts, mechanical figures that chime the church bells.
- The visitors are advised to remain silent inside the cathedral.
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville and Gare Porte Neuve
- Nearest Bus Stop : Notre Dame
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.23% of people who visit Dijon include Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
49.69% of people start their Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon
77.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Church Of Notre-dame Of Dijon
Eglise Notre Dame de Dijon is considered as masterpiece of the 13th century Gothic architecture. This church is classifiedin as a monument historique and in the list of historic monuments in 1840. Located in the heart of the preverved old centre , northern part of Ducs square in Dijon city. Work on the church began about 1230.