Place Francois - RudeCurrently Open
- Address: Place Francois-Rude, 21000 Dijon, France Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +33-380745151
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Statue, Square, Family And Kids
Out of the many squares in Dijon, Place Francois-Rude attracts attention with its old world charm reflected through its timber-framed houses. Named after the sculptor Francois Rude, the square has a beautiful statue in its centre. Present since 1904, the fountain represents a winemaker treading grapes in a vat. The statue is commonly called as Bareuzai, a name designated to a person who treads the grapes in Burgundian culture. With architecture that represents a mix of medieval and Renaissance, the place has become one of most photographed points in Dijon. The square today is occupied by tea rooms, pubs, banks and fashion boutiques.
How to Reach Place Francois - Rude
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville and Gare Porte Neuve
- Nearest Bus Stop : Notre Dame
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Place Francois - Rude Address: Place Francois-Rude, 21000 Dijon, France
- Place Francois - Rude Contact Number: +33-380745151
- Place Francois - Rude Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Place Francois - Rude(preferred time): 09:00 am - 08:00 pm
- Time required to visit Place Francois - Rude: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
33.26% of people who visit Dijon include Place Francois - Rude in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
36.84% of people start their Place Francois - Rude visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Place Francois - Rude
89.04% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Place Francois - Rude
People normally club together Rue Des Forges, Dijon and La Boutique Maille while planning their visit to Place Francois - Rude.