Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral411 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pl. Saint Benigne, 21000 Dijon, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-380303933
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Dedicated to Saint Benigne of Dijon, this cathedral is the national monument of France. Historically significant, the cathedral served as the seat of the Bishopric of Dijon during the French Revolution. The structure is built in Gothic style with rib vaults and pointed arches. This twin-towered building houses a Romanesque doorway and pre-Romanesque capitals from the abbey upon which the Church was constructed between 1280 and 1314. The features of this cathedral are:
- A large crypt which houses the architectural structure of the original Romanesque Abbey.
- An archaeological museum which exhibits a collection of Roman and medieval antiquities.
How to Reach Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
45.57% of people who visit Dijon include Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.32% of people start their Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral
59.18% of people prefer walking in order to reach Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral