Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral, Dijon
About Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral, Dijon
Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral, Dijon - Address, Phone Number
Address: Pl. Saint Benigne, 21000 Dijon, France
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
Added 2.8K times in trip plans
Religious Site, Historical Site, Monument, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Specialty Museum
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Dedicated to Saint Benigne of Dijon, this cathedral is the national monument of France. Historically significant, the cathedral served as the seat of the Bishopric of Dijon during the French Revolution. The structure is built in Gothic style with rib vaults and pointed arches. This twin-towered building houses a Romanesque doorway and pre-Romanesque capitals from the abbey upon which the Church was constructed between 1280 and 1314. The features of this cathedral are:
- A large crypt which houses the architectural structure of the original Romanesque Abbey.
- An archaeological museum which exhibits a collection of Roman and medieval antiquities.
How To reach Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral by Public Transport
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral, Dijon Reviews - Write a Review
The crypt is quite interesting and there was nice quiet music playing in the main part of the cathedral.
It's great..check out the crypt..worth the €2
I love these tiles
- Nearby Attractions
- Synagogue De Dijon
- Saint Philibert
- Mosquee D'ecoquartier Epirey
- Musée D'art Sacré
- Muséum D'histoire Naturelle
- Sciences Garden
- Musee De La Moutarde Amora
- Port Du Canal
- La Roseraie Du Jardin Botanique De L'arquebuse A Dijon
- Square Marquerite - Jean Menneveau
- Dijon Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Dijon
- What to See in 48 Hours in Dijon
- What to See in 72 Hours in Dijon
- How to Spend 5 Days in Dijon
- How to Spend 6 Days in Dijon
- How to Spend 7 Days in Dijon