Saint Benigne, Dijon CathedralCurrently Closed
- Address: Pl. Saint Benigne, 21000 Dijon, France
- Timings: 09:30 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +33-380303933
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Historical Site, Monument, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral , Specialty Museum
Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral - Review
Dedicated to Saint Benigne of Dijon, this cathedral is the national monument of France. Historically significant, the cathedral served as the seat of the Bishopric of Dijon during the French Revolution. The structure is built in Gothic style with rib vaults and pointed arches. This twin-towered building houses a Romanesque doorway and pre-Romanesque capitals from the abbey upon which the Church was constructed between 1280 and 1314. The features of this cathedral are:
- A large crypt which houses the architectural structure of the original Romanesque Abbey.
- An archaeological museum which exhibits a collection of Roman and medieval antiquities.
How To reach Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral by Public Transport
- Nearest Train Station : Dijon Ville
- Nearest Metro Station : Saint- Michel
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dijon before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dijon and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral
69.14% of people who visit Dijon include Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.32% of people start their Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral
59.18% of people prefer walking in order to reach Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral
Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral Trips
6 Views13 Days 12 Nights13 Day Trip to Milan, Turin, Lyon, Dijon, Genoa from VersaillesBy: Published PrivatelyCity: Dijon, Turin, Genoa, Milan, Lyon
Saint Benigne, Dijon Cathedral, Dijon Reviews
The cathedral has the remains buried of some of members of the ducal family of Burgundy.
Interesting ancient town- well worth a visit.
The crypt is quite interesting and there was nice quiet music playing in the main part of the cathedral.
Come spend time with the Lord here!
It's great..check out the crypt..worth the €2