Are you looking for what to do in Dijon?
PLACES TO SEE
- Musee des Beaux : The museum houses art pieces and treasures belonging to the Roman times as well as the Contemporary art. Situated in The Ducal Palace, the museum is a must visit.
- Well of Moses : An important landmark in Dijon, Well of Moses has stood as a symbol of the “fountain of life” with six life-sized prophets holding books and scrolls. The dominant figure is that of Moses, who is placed directly below the face of Christ.
- Jardin Darcy Park : Situated near the station, Jardin Darcy is a beautiful park which offers comfort and rest to its visitors. Its also one of those places where you can watch the French people enjoying themselves.
- Cathedrale Saint Benigne : Constructed in 14th century, this cathedral is the national monument and holds a lot of historical value. It exhibits a confluence of Gothic, Renaissance and Capetian architecture.
THINGS TO DO
- Philippe Le Bon : The 46-metre tower needs you to climb 316 stairs after which you get splendid view of the medieval streets, far away fields, vineyards and villages. Not to forget the views of Burgundy’s feature, the jewel coloured tilted rooftops.
- Boutique Maille Dijon : Everyone would be aware of Dijon as synonymous with mustard it produces and sells. Visit this heritage boutique which offers hundreds of different mustards and a tasting Bar.
- Cycling through the Vineyards : One of the best ways to explore vineyards that surround Dijon is through bike. Gear yourself and cycle your ways through vineyards, small towns, villages and canal landscape.
- Dijon’s covered Market : Visit Les Halles, the covered marketplace of Dijon designed by Gustave Eiffel, son of Dijon, who also designed the iconic Eiffel tower in Paris. Its a great place to enjoy the local cuisine such as Jambon per sille, Volaille de Bresse and Escargots.
Below we have a list of things to do in Dijon and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Dijon getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Dijon with confidence.