Dartmoor Zoo4 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sparkwell, Plymouth PL7 5DG, UK, United Kingdom
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-1752837645
- Tags: Zoo
Dartmoor Zoological Park is originally named as Dartmoor Wildlife Park. The zoo covers around 30 acre area near the sparkwell village. Dartmoor Zoological Park is home of more than 70 different animal species including some critically endangered species. The zoo also runs a breeding programme with tapir, common marmosets, slender-tailed meerkats, and wallaby. You will be familiar with different categories of animals who are residing in the zoo for long years. Some of the notable animals are –
- Mammals: Vervet monkeys, Amur tiger, Asian short-clawed otters, African lion, grey wolves jaguar, Iberian wolves, Carpathian lynx, and Syrian bear.
- Birds: Ostrich, great horned owl, greater rhea, white-cheeked turaco, Indian runner ducks, avocets, and helmeted guinea fowl.
- Invertebrates: Macleay's spectre, Sun beetle, giant thorny stick insect, and many more.
How to Reach Dartmoor Zoo
- Rented car / taxi
57.14% of people who visit Sparkwell include Dartmoor Zoo in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
95% of people start their Dartmoor Zoo visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dartmoor Zoo
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dartmoor Zoo