Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural MuseumCurrently Closed
- Address: Camiikebir Mh., Ziya Gökalp Sokak Muze Sok. No:3 Surici, Sur,, 21300 Diyarbakır, Turkey, Diyarbakir
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-4122238958
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Museums, Exhibition , Specialty Museums
The two-storey building, now turned into a museum was home to the elite poet Cahit Sitki Taranci. This Cultural Museum was built in 1810 over a side-street close to the Ulu Camii. Some locals suggest that the foundation of the building was laid in 1733. The black basal stone building is a reflection of Diyarbakir’s exquisite civic architecture.
Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural Museum was built to house both men and women in separate quarters. The museum exhibits the poet’s personal artefacts, manuscripts and interior furnishings restored to its original glory. In the latter half of the 19th century, the male quarters were torn down. Opened to public in 1973, the residence serves as a part of Diyarbakir’s popular museum quartet.
- Maintain silence and switch off your cell phones ones inside the museum.
- Use of camera inside the alleys is prohibited.
- Wear slippers/ sandals as you may have to remove them to access some parts of the house.
- Always use the rails while taking a flight of stairs to upper levels.
- Some areas are restricted for men and kids.
- All exhibits are described in Turkish. Keep a translation app handy.
- Train Name: Guney Express, Nearest Railway Station: Diyarbakir
- Bus No: n/a; Bus stop: Diyarbakir
- Hasan Pasha Hani
- Buket Lahmacun
- Dag Kap1 Cigercisi
- Onur Ocakbasi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Diyarbakir before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Diyarbakir and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Diyarbakir include Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural Museum in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
44.44% of people start their Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural Museum visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Cahit Sitki Taranci House Cultural Museum
Very nice traditional house owned by a much-loved poet. Interesting architecture. Too bad that none of his poems are in English. Conveniently located right next to the Great Mosque. Entry is free and well-written the time.
Müze, bundan üç dört yıl önce bakımsız ve ilgisiz durumdaydı. Bugün gezdiğimiz de bambaşka bir müze ile karşılaştık. Temizlenmiş bahçesi, artırılmış içerikleri ile müze gerçek bir kültür evine dönüşmüş. Havuzbaşı Cafe servisi güzel olmuş. Ücretsiz girişi, ve merkezi konumu ile Diyarbakır a geldiğinizde uğrayın derim.