Dort Ayakli MinareCurrently Open
- Address: Gazi Caddesi Dabanoglu Mh., 21300 Diyarbakır, Turkey, Diyarbakir
- Timings: 08:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Tower
Diyarbakir is home to some of the most exquisitely designed mosques and tombs in Mesopotamia. Dort Ayakli Minare is a unique mosque known for its free-standing minaret. Built by Sheikh Mutahhar, the Muhattar Camii mosque is built on four pillars resting on a monolithic.
Dort Ayakli Minare stands in the middle of the street rising on four slender pillars. The 4-feet structure is reminiscent of the ‘Leaning Tower of Pisa’ owing to its illusion of falling over. Built in 15th century by Kasim Khan the Sultan of Aq Qoyunlu, the Dort Ayakli Minare represents the four cardinal points of the city walls and its connection with Mecca. It is made of black and white stones in a square-shaped comb structure with a balcony. Inscriptions were added in later years.
Dort Ayakli Minare Travel Tips
- The minaret is part of the November the Sultan Mosque.
- Maintain silence and switch off your cell phones ones inside the mosque.
- It is open to non-Islamic visitors as well.
- Major parts of the mosque are under reconstruction or renovation. Stay away from the restricted areas.
- Female visitors have to necessarily wear cover their heads with a scarf.
- No shorts are allowed for men.
- Photography is allowed with prior permission.
How to Reach Dort Ayakli Minare
- Train Name: Güney Express, Nearest Railway Station: Diyarbakir
- Bus No: n/a; Bus stop: Diyarbakir
- Tigris Cafe Nargile Salonu
- Mahya Kahve Evi
- Diyarbekir Coffee
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Diyarbakir before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Diyarbakir and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Diyarbakir include Dort Ayakli Minare in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55.56% of people start their Dort Ayakli Minare visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Dort Ayakli Minare
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dort Ayakli Minare