Hasan Pasa HaniCurrently Closed
- Address: Gazi Caddesi Dabanoğlu Mh., 21300 Diyarbakır, Turkey, Diyarbakir
- Timings: 08:00 am - 10:00 pm Details
- Phone: +90-42527112
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Food And Drinks, Family And Kids, Architecture
Hasan Pasa Hani - Review
Hasan Pasa Pani is a popular destination for foodies. Located just across the eastern entrance of The Grand Mosque, the place is a rustic Turkish inn built between 1572 and 1575. It has two barns under a massive structure of masonry which could accommodate 500 horses at one point of time.
Hasan Pasa Pani derives its name from the son of the third governor of Diyarbakii Ottomans, Hasan Pasha Vezirza. It is a central attraction and resting place for traders, pilgrims and tourists visiting the city.
Key highlights of the architecture of this inn:
- Kufic inscription all over the framework
- Low-arched door
- Six Undecorated columns in the central courtyard
- Portico covered with barrel vault
- An ornate fountain with pool
The inn has a filigree workshop with restaurants and shops that sell antique ornaments. A bookstore café here is also a popular hangout called Kamer Avlu.
Hasan Pasa Hani Information
- The inn serves authentic local delicacies from Mustafanin Yeri, kahvalti and Omerin Yeri.
- There are 25 different varieties of coffee available here. Most popular of them are Han Kapisi and menengic coffee.
- It is accessible by wheelchair.
- Carry your ID proofs for surprise checks.
- The flights of the stair way are steep. Not recommended if you have knee issues.
- Overtly crowded during Fridays and Ramadan.
- Women and Children are allowed inside.
How To reach Hasan Pasa Hani by Public Transport
- Train Name: Güney Express, Nearest Railway Station: Diyarbakir
- Bus No: n/a; Bus stop: Diyarbakir
Restaurants Near Hasan Pasa Hani
- Tigris Cafe Nargile Salonu
- Mahya Kahve Evi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Diyarbakir before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Diyarbakir and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Hasan Pasa Hani
95% of people who visit Diyarbakir include Hasan Pasa Hani in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
57.89% of people start their Hasan Pasa Hani visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Hasan Pasa Hani
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hasan Pasa Hani
Hasan Pasa Hani Trips
Hasan Pasa Hani, Diyarbakir Reviews
This historical place has been established in 1500s. They were using there as a hotel. But now it's a good place to have a coffee, tea or breakfast. You should go there and try dibek coffee. It's a traditional coffee. And you should have a breakfast there.
A nice example of how a 'han' was back in the days.. I'd recommend to visit it early in the morning and have a nice breakfast on one terraces..
Wonderful location for a meal or just a coffee, great surroundings.