Nebii Camii AkkoyunluCurrently Open
- Address: Gazi Pasha Street, Dağ Kapi, 21300 Diyarbakir, Turkey
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Mosque, Religious Site, Architecture
Nebi Camii is a spectacular display of the Akkoyunlu craftsmanship. The mosque is a single dome structure housing a 15th century stone relic inside it. It is dedicated to The Prophet, also called as the beloved Nebii. It is believed to have been built following the orders of Salauddin Suleiman. Now, it features a new pen work with a renovated balcony.
Nebii Camii is located in the Izzet Pasha Gazi Street and can be easily identified owing to the beautiful Hanafi minaret. The 15th century mosque was built in three different sections consisting of prayer halls and madrassas. It can hold up to 450 pilgrims at the same time. The ornate walls of the mosque were restored to its former glory a number of times following military occupations in the early 20th century. This basalt and limestone structure is among the most active mosques in Diyarbakir owing to its peaceful ambience and presence of a fountain in the centre of the courtyard. The tombs of Zübeyde Hanim and her daughter are placed at the front of the mosque.
Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu Travel Tips
- The mosque is tagged as The Prophet Mosque in local guidebooks.
- Drinking and Smoking around the premises is strictly prohibited.
- Entry for females is restricted.
- Men and kids with shorts not allowed inside.
- It’s a place of worship for Muslims. Follow the rituals with strict discipline Otherwise it is considered as desecration.
How to Reach Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu
- Train Name: Güney Express, Nearest Railway Station: Diyarbakir
- Bus No: n/a; Bus stop: Diyarbakir
- Hasan Pani Han
- Dag Kapi Cigercisi
- Onur Ocakbasi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Diyarbakir before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Diyarbakir and book an accommodation of your choice.
39.09% of people who visit Diyarbakir include Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
50% of people start their Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nebii Camii Akkoyunlu