Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum is also commonly known as Sheikh Faisal Museum. The museum basically aims at preserving the art, culture and traditions of the people from Qatar. For visitors, it is a beautiful insight into how vast, amusing and interesting is the culture of Qatar. The architecture of the museum as well has an old school charm to it with a tinge of modern architecture. It is definitely a must visit when in Doha and you are sure to learn a lot from all the sources available here.
- Guided tour is recommended to understand the collections in the museum.
- For guided tour, advance booking is necessary.
- Wear loose clothing and flat shoes to make your tour easy and comfortable around the museum.
- Food and drinks are not allowed inside the museum.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere in the museum.
- Children should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Entry is free.
- Guided tour timings: 10am - 12pm, 1pm - 3pm & 4pm - 6pm
- For visiting on Public holidays get in touch with the authorities about the hours.
- Hire a taxi or come by car from the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Doha before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Doha and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.71% of people who visit Doha include Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
67.16% of people start their Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani Museum
Thoroughly enjoyed spending a few hours wandering around. Really interesting exhibits, including the world's largest and smallest Koran. Also loved looking at the vintage car and motorcycle display.
One of the best collection I had seen until today. Got a variety of collection and truly a place to visit. Some areas under expansions and expecting some more outdoor amusements....
Great collection of some diverse items that the sheikh owned. Maintained really well and friendly staff too. Easy to reach from the city on the main highway. You can spend a good amount of time here.
It was a wonderful experience where we can see and wonder about the old collections from different parts of the world...like cars,jewelleries,paintings,weapons and many more
The entry fee is quite high (45QAR). But this place has most of Qatari traditions exhibited. Good place to visit and study if you are into history. It's good for a one time visit. And donot forget to visit the orynx, ostrich, peacock farms and the horse stables and horse riding school nearby. Also you could explore the vast date palms along your way!!