Souq WaqifCurrently Closed
- Address: Al Jasra, Doha, Qatar
- Timings: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +974-50438733
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Street Market, Shopping Center, Family And Kids
Sex and the city part 2 has been successful enough in publicizing the concept of Souqs worldwide. Even otherwise Souqs have this very old world charm associated to them. Souq Waqif is no different. In a particular street, you are sure to find a lot of traditional items, condiments, spices, handicrafts and a big list of souvenirs to take back with you. The best part is that you can absorb the Middle Eastern experience completely with the help of all the restaurants and shisha lounges. Doha even otherwise is known for unparalleled local as well as mainstream shopping and a very main contributor behind that is the Souq Waqif.
- Avoid visiting the place during prayer hours as it will be closed.
- Though their official language is Arabic but English is fluently spoken in many places.
- Entry is free.
- Shops opening hours: 10am -12pm & 4pm – 10pm
- Restaurants: 8am – 12am
- Some restaurants are open for 24 hours.
- Nearby bus station: In Lay-By Between Ministry Of Foreign Affairs And HSBC (bus no. – 76, 777)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Doha before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Doha and book an accommodation of your choice.
90.65% of people who visit Doha include Souq Waqif in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
90.2% of people start their Souq Waqif visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Souq Waqif
94.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Souq Waqif