Doagh Famine VillageCurrently Closed
- Address: Lagacurry, Co. Donegal, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-749378078
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Village, Tour, Play, Family And Kids
Doagh Famine Village - Review
The Doagh Famine village has a history of a Donegal Family and community living on the edge of Donegal to survive from the famine times in Ireland right up to the present day.
The rustic village is elegantly planned to forms a marvellous spectacle which is only intensified by its epic stories. The village plays an important role in the road to peace in Northern Ireland, its ‘Celtic Tiger’ years and the recent economic collapse- thus representing the situations in Ireland over a long period of time.
The whole centre has been built around the owner who lived here with his family up until 1983!
- Life-size attractions which include original dwellings which were inhabited till about 20 years ago.
- The seasonal themes here of Halloween are a treat for every visitor.
The centre is maintained keeping the present times in mind. There are changing rooms available for family with infants and the whole centre is covered to prevent environmental-hassles.
A must-see for every history-lover, this place comes to life with the amazing guided tours that are filled with beautiful stories that give you a peek in the lost times.
Doagh Famine Village Information
- Guided tours start from 10.30am with the final tour starting at 4.30pm, except for a Friday when the last tour starts at 2.00pm. Each tour lasts 45 minutes.
- A visit to the Doagh Famine Village is more of a day trip as it takes 2 hours to reach the spot from the Diamond at Donegal.
- Do start early to take in the best of this spot.
- Do visit the nearby Malin’s Head.
Doagh Famine Village Ticket Prices
- €7.50 per person, Under 12 years: €5 & Under 4 years: FREE
How To reach Doagh Famine Village by Public Transport
- Bus: Inishowen Tours is located 13kms south of the village on Moville road, Carndonagh.
Restaurants Near Doagh Famine Village
- The spot includes complimentary tea-coffee with wheaten bread and biscuits.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Doagh Famine Village
95% of people who visit Donegal include Doagh Famine Village in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
82.09% of people start their Doagh Famine Village visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Doagh Famine Village
94.7% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Doagh Famine Village
Doagh Famine Village Map
Doagh Famine Village Trips
Doagh Famine Village, Donegal Reviews
Thanks for a brilliant day. Although a regular visitor I find each time different and on this visit I brought my Mum and my 2 Aussie relatives who loved the village. Keep up the great work.
Really interesting place to visit. Very educational from the Guides to the 'pearls of wisdom' displayed on the walls. Very enjoyable tea and cream scone in the café, included in the entrance fee. Lovely little gift shop. Enjoyed our visit very much.
Great day out, very insightful, great people!! Lots to see and learn. Loved the coffee and scone with the views at the end. Would highly recommend this place.
This journey through the past in the Donegal offers you the opportunity to understand the great famine in Ireland and what was the cost for Irish people (guided or self-guided). Tea and scones are included in the price and you are also given the opportunity to taste the famous or infamous poitin, the traditional alcohol from Ireland (only in guided tour though). Self-guided book is provided and the French version is of excellent quality.
Lovely, quirky place. Gives you an insight into how people used to live and some of the Irish history and how it repeats today.
All QuestionsDoagh famine village
- Amaze N Mirrors
- Conkling Heritage Park
- Mill Creek Motel
- Fort Michilimackinac
- Lake Superior State University
- Icebreaker Mackinaw Maritime Museum
- Arnold Mackinac Island Ferry
- St Anthony's Catholic Church
- McGulpin Point Lighthouse & Historic Site
- Great Lakes Lighthouse Keepers Association
- Mackinac Bridge Museum
- Adrenaline Falls
- Mackinaw Campgrounds
- Alexander Henry Park
- White Shoal Light Station
Find places near Doagh Famine Village, Donegal
Butterbean -2.98 km away