The Doagh Famine village has a history of a Donegal Family and community living on the edge of Donegal to survive from the famine times in Ireland right up to the present day.
The rustic village is elegantly planned to forms a marvellous spectacle which is only intensified by its epic stories. The village plays an important role in the road to peace in Northern Ireland, its ‘Celtic Tiger’ years and the recent economic collapse- thus representing the situations in Ireland over a long period of time.
The whole centre has been built around the owner who lived here with his family up until 1983!
- Life-size attractions which include original dwellings which were inhabited till about 20 years ago.
- The seasonal themes here of Halloween are a treat for every visitor.
The centre is maintained keeping the present times in mind. There are changing rooms available for family with infants and the whole centre is covered to prevent environmental-hassles.
A must-see for every history-lover, this place comes to life with the amazing guided tours that are filled with beautiful stories that give you a peek in the lost times.
Doagh Famine Village Travel Tips
- Guided tours start from 10.30am with the final tour starting at 4.30pm, except for a Friday when the last tour starts at 2.00pm. Each tour lasts 45 minutes.
- A visit to the Doagh Famine Village is more of a day trip as it takes 2 hours to reach the spot from the Diamond at Donegal.
- Do start early to take in the best of this spot.
- Do visit the nearby Malin’s Head.
Entrance Ticket Details For Doagh Famine Village
- €7.50 per person, Under 12 years: €5 & Under 4 years: FREE
How to Reach Doagh Famine Village
- Bus: Inishowen Tours is located 13kms south of the village on Moville road, Carndonagh.
- The spot includes complimentary tea-coffee with wheaten bread and biscuits.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
92.38% of people who visit Donegal include Doagh Famine Village in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
71.13% of people start their Doagh Famine Village visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Doagh Famine Village
94.22% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Doagh Famine Village