Doagh Famine Village, DonegalCurrently Open
- Address: Lagacurry, Co. Donegal, Ireland
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +353-749378078
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Village, Tour, Play, Family And Kids
About Doagh Famine Village, Donegal
The Doagh Famine village has a history of a Donegal Family and community living on the edge of Donegal to survive from the famine times in Ireland right up to the present day.
The rustic village is elegantly planned to forms a marvellous spectacle which is only intensified by its epic stories. The village plays an important role in the road to peace in Northern Ireland, its ‘Celtic Tiger’ years and the recent economic collapse- thus representing the situations in Ireland over a long period of time.
The whole centre has been built around the owner who lived here with his family up until 1983!
- Life-size attractions which include original dwellings which were inhabited till about 20 years ago.
- The seasonal themes here of Halloween are a treat for every visitor.
The centre is maintained keeping the present times in mind. There are changing rooms available for family with infants and the whole centre is covered to prevent environmental-hassles.
A must-see for every history-lover, this place comes to life with the amazing guided tours that are filled with beautiful stories that give you a peek in the lost times.
Doagh Famine Village Information
- Guided tours start from 10.30am with the final tour starting at 4.30pm, except for a Friday when the last tour starts at 2.00pm. Each tour lasts 45 minutes.
- A visit to the Doagh Famine Village is more of a day trip as it takes 2 hours to reach the spot from the Diamond at Donegal.
- Do start early to take in the best of this spot.
- Do visit the nearby Malin’s Head.
Doagh Famine Village Ticket Prices
- €7.50 per person, Under 12 years: €5 & Under 4 years: FREE
How To reach Doagh Famine Village by Public Transport
- Bus: Inishowen Tours is located 13kms south of the village on Moville road, Carndonagh.
Restaurants Near Doagh Famine Village
- The spot includes complimentary tea-coffee with wheaten bread and biscuits.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Doagh Famine Village, Donegal Reviews
Went there with my kids for Christmas they had the village done like the north pole and had a Christmas play and got beautiful gifts at the end had a fantastic time great place to go would highly recommend it to everyone.
Great walk through history. Helped me understand a lot.of the past
Don't waste your time going. Poor displays and very dated
Famine museum was fine as far as it went but could have included more local stories as we all have a good idea of the general horrors. The 'perfectly preserved' in salt three month old fish put me off my dinner. I'm actually sneaking in a review here for the new and fabulously placed cafe just outside the museum which looks towards the fabulous stretches of beach and water Photo taken from cafe. The coffee and cake were good too.
Innovative way to communicate history and includes links with modern experience. Enough cover to make I accessible during bad weather.
All Questionsdoagh famine village
Find places near Doagh Famine Village, Donegal
Butterbean -2.98 km away
- Attractions near Doagh Famine Village
- Tullagh Bay Equestrian Centre