Located to the North of Donegal town, the Dunfanaghy Stables is almost a 1 hour drive from the diamond. One of the most popular ways to sightsee along the west coastlines of Ireland, the Dunfanaghy Stables are known for being located along the Wild Atlantic Way- the world’s longest coastal route.
They arrange horse-riding tours along this path ranging from a 2-3 hour ride to almost a week of Wild Atlantic Way tour.
- Short lessons in horse-riding before you explore the beautiful Irish west-coast like. Includes hourly horse-rides.
- A 7 day horse-riding trail holiday to offer a rich experience in horse-riding while exploring beautiful terrains, isolated beaches and villages where Irish is still a first language. Includes accommodation and food.
A family spot, the horse-riding lessons are available for children too. They have a range of ponies and horses to accommodate experienced as well as inexperienced rider.
Dunfanaghy Stables Travel Tips
- Do call the stable as horse-riding is available only on appointments while the timings may vary.
- The horse rides are arranged strictly on appointment. Do call up the stables to make an appointment.
- It is suggested to rent a car and drive to the stables from Donegal town.
Entrance Ticket Details For Dunfanaghy Stables
- Entry is free.
- Adults (Over 18s) - € 32 / hour, Children (under 18s) - €27/ hour
- Half Hour lesson (child) - € 15, Half hour lesson (adult) - € 18
- Leadouts (children) - € 12, Leadouts (adults) - € 12
- 2 hours rides (18+) – €60, 2 hours rides (below 18) - €50
- 3 hours rides (18+) – €86, 3 hours rides (below 18) - €70
- For the 7 day-trail holiday prices you can visit the stable’s official website.
How to Reach Dunfanaghy Stables
- Bus: Catch a Bus from Donegal Tourist Office to Letterkenny Bus Station.
- Change buses at Letterkenny to travel 20 miles to Arnolds Hotel.
- An Cistin
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
32.7% of people who visit Donegal include Dunfanaghy Stables in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
27.42% of people start their Dunfanaghy Stables visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 4 Hrs to see Dunfanaghy Stables
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dunfanaghy Stables