Glenevin Waterfall592 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Between Straid and Crossconnell, Clonmany, Ireland, Donegal
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +353-749376745
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Restaurant, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
One of the most visited waterfalls in Ireland, the Gelenvin Waterfall is located near the Glen House, 15 kilometres away from the Donegal Town Centre. The waterfall is formed by mountain water cascading over a height of 30 feet. The water basin below is called Pohl–an-eas referring to the ‘foam’ caused by the waterfall.
Walking to this waterfall is pleasant with beautiful flowers and greenery. Many picnic spots are available which merge well with the nature. Pitted stepping stones make walking here safe. Tourists love to spend hours near the waterfall to unwind. A visit to the ‘Rose Tearoom’ for a hot cup of coffee/Tea and snacks makes for the perfect day.
Glenevin Waterfall Travel Tips
- It is recommended to walk up to the waterfall via the entrance of the Glen House.
- Do carry a few snacks on the way as there are many picnic spots to relax near the waterfall.
How to Reach Glenevin Waterfall
- The Glen house is 15 kilometres away from the Diamond. Once at the Glen House, it will take you around 15 minutes to walk through the forest to the waterfall.
- Bus: Catch a bus to the Glen house from the Bus Station across the Diamond.
- Rose Tearoom
- Ice cream parlour at the bottom car-park as well
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
59.74% of people who visit Donegal include Glenevin Waterfall in their plan
5 PM - 6 PM
54.78% of people start their Glenevin Waterfall visit around 5 PM - 6 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Glenevin Waterfall
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Glenevin Waterfall