Malin HeadCurrently Open
- Address: Co. Donegal. Ireland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Beach, Island, Light House, Watch Tower, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Located on the Inishowen Peninsula, County Donegal, Ireland and is the most northerly point of the island of Ireland, malin head is the northernmost locations of Ireland. The Banba’s Crown (named after a mythological queen) forms the northernmost tip of Ireland.
A military watchtower and lighthouse are present at the Banba’s Crown which adds a distinct characteristic to the windy terrain.
- Beautiful coastline and beach for a long walk.
- A raised beach system as a result of melting ice sheet 15,000 years ago above Banba's Crown to the east at Ballyhillion beach.
- Lighthouse built in 1800s which blinks every 30 seconds.
Malin Head Travel Tips
- Do rent a car to reach here as the drive is just as much fun.
- Carry warm clothes.
- Try to take walk on the whole beach and carry a small picnic is possible.
How to Reach Malin Head
- Inishowen Tours- +353 74 937 4486
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
60.63% of people who visit Donegal include Malin Head in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
51.01% of people start their Malin Head visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Malin Head
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Malin Head