Slieve LeagueCurrently Open
- Address: Co. Donegal, Ireland
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, View Point, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Slieve League - Review
Located on the Atlantic Coast of Dongela, the Slieve League is known for its highest cliffs in Ireland. The drive here is not for the faint hearted and it is often recommended that visitors should visit this spot on clear days as the mist can be tricky. The cliff embraces a spectacular view on the sea all along the one-man trails that are one of the hardest to walk on a windy day.
Tourists love the sheer magnificence of the place along with its intimate and larger-than-life appeal which is rare to find anywhere else.
Every Photographer’s dream, be sure to carry your cameras here to capture the panoramic views.
Slieve League Information
- Do try to visit the place in summer.
- Carry warm clothes as it is always windy here.
- It is recommended to rent a car from Donegal Town.
- Try to drive all the way up to the car park even though some prefer parking their vehicles at the base and trek to the cliff.
- There are no restrooms around.
How To reach Slieve League by Public Transport
- Bus: Sliabh Liag Tours
- Sliabh Liag Bus Tours with Curran Coaches
Restaurants Near Slieve League
- Carry a picnic from a restaurant on the drive even though there are small cafes while coming back down from the cliff.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Slieve League
95% of people who visit Donegal include Slieve League in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
44.25% of people start their Slieve League visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Slieve League
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Slieve League
Slieve League Map
Slieve League Trips
Slieve League, Donegal Reviews
The highest cliffs in Ireland, we were the on the time of sunset. The gate was closed, but people kept opening it to drive to the end. As it is too long to walk to see them. The view was amazing, sunset was really special. Stunning place to visit, one of most beautifull cliffs in the West coast of Ireland.
A great place to visit if it is good weather outside! The views are truly incredible. The height of the cliffs are nearly three times greater than the Cliffs of Moher! I recommend walking up the cliff rather than driving as the scenery is breathtaking
It's the Heaven on Earth.. you will feel top of the world.. A must see place in Ireland... Highly recommended
Went in a driving rain storm and hiked up about 2km off one of the side roads on the wild Atlantic way... Loved it! Similar to the black cliffs of Moher... Worth the trip!
Breathe taking and absolutely one of the most enjoyable parts of Ireland!! You don't want miss this sight if you're in the northeastern part of the country!!
All QuestionsSlieve league
- Deschere's Selcted Wines
- St Mary Of Grace Parish Independent Catholic Christian Church
- Church Of The Nazarene
- Delaware County Institute Of Science
- Middletown Presbyterian Church
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Tran
- Second Baptist Church Of Media
- Delaware County Library System
- Stay And Play
- Society For The Performing
- Unitarian Universalist Church Of Delaware County
- Calvary Chapel-Delaware County
- Sanford Camps
- Campbell Michael Jj Rev
- Barrall Community Park
Find places near Slieve League, Donegal
The Rusty Teelin, Carrick2.847 km away
Tí Linn Cafe Teelin Rd, Carrick2.388 km away