Slieve League, Donegal
Slieve League, Donegal - Address
Address: Co. Donegal, Ireland
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 6.9K times in trip plans
Outdoors, Mountain, Trail, View Point, Walking Area, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
About Slieve League, Donegal
Located on the Atlantic Coast of Dongela, the Slieve League is known for its highest cliffs in Ireland. The drive here is not for the faint hearted and it is often recommended that visitors should visit this spot on clear days as the mist can be tricky. The cliff embraces a spectacular view on the sea all along the one-man trails that are one of the hardest to walk on a windy day.
Tourists love the sheer magnificence of the place along with its intimate and larger-than-life appeal which is rare to find anywhere else.
Every Photographer’s dream, be sure to carry your cameras here to capture the panoramic views.
Slieve League Information
- Do try to visit the place in summer.
- Carry warm clothes as it is always windy here.
- It is recommended to rent a car from Donegal Town.
- Try to drive all the way up to the car park even though some prefer parking their vehicles at the base and trek to the cliff.
- There are no restrooms around.
How To reach Slieve League by Public Transport
- Bus: Sliabh Liag Tours
- Sliabh Liag Bus Tours with Curran Coaches
Restaurants Near Slieve League
- Carry a picnic from a restaurant on the drive even though there are small cafes while coming back down from the cliff.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Donegal before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Donegal and book an accommodation of your choice.
Find places near Slieve League, Donegal
Name: The Rusty Address: Teelin, CarrickDistance: 2.847 km away
Name: Tí Linn Cafe Address: Teelin Rd, CarrickDistance: 2.388 km away