Are you looking for what to do in Donegal?
PLACES TO SEE
Donegal is known for catering the needs of every tourist. The town has some of the most popular tourist attractions in the world.
- Donegal Castle: Situated around the meandering River Eske, the Donegal castle is quoted as the ‘Largest and Strongest Fortress in all of Ireland’. Built by the O’Donnells, the fortress was later repaired and refurbished and further a manor house was added to the Castle which was constructed in Jacobean Architecture.
- Bluestack Mountains: Known to differentiate the north of Ireland from the south, the mountains are one of the major tourist attractions for trekkers all over the world.
- Malin Head: Marking the Northern-most point in Ireland, the Malin head is a treat to every visitor who wants to see Ireland at its best. Banba’s crown- named after one of the mythical queens of Ireland is located at the Northern tip of Ireland.
- Silver Strand Beach: One of the most timeless beaches in Ireland, the Silver Strand Beach has steep steps that lead to a spiritual beach. Tourists love this beach for its sheer raw elegance accompanied by the magnificent greenery seen around the beach.
- Narin Beach: Narin is every soul’s medication. Known for its pristine beach, a nearby island with a 6th Century Monastery only adds to the charm. Tourists love to take a long walk along this beach to relax and unwind.
THINGS TO DO
NIGHT LIFE AND CLUBS
- The Forge: One of the most eccentric Irish Pubs, The Forge is a must-visit for every tourist. With a cosy fire to warm up the place, the pub is filled with items left behind by visitors along with avant-garde posters that add character to the place. The best place to have a Guinness pint while tapping to Irish music, this pub exudes sheer raw Irish authenticity. Many musicians are performing here all week long and you can join in to have some great company with some great beer. Contact:+ 353 074-9725578.
- Reel Inn: Another one of Ireland’s most sought out pubs; the place is every music lover’s haven. The owner joins in the merriment to play Irish Folk songs. Good food and drinks only add to the charm of this small and intimate place. A truly Irish hotspot, drop by with your friends to have a great time. Timings: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm.
- The Reveller Bar: Situated at the heart of the town, the bar is known to offer good live music with pool and a splendid Beer garden. Try the varieties of beer available here while swaying to Irish Folk songs.
Below we have a list of things to do in Donegal and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Donegal getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Donegal with confidence.