Dorado BeachCurrently Open
- Address: 100 Dorado Beach Drive, Dorado, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: 787-6261100
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Outdoors, Beach, Water Body, Waterfront, Leisure, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot, Nature
Dorado Beach - Review
If you’re spending your nights in the Dorado Resort and Golf Club, expect a number of delightful perks. Whether it’s sailing the seas with the help of a kite at the Goodwinds Kitesurfing center, dining at the most opulent restaurants in the city or teeing off at one of the resorts world renowned golf courses, you’re sure to have a ball of a time, especially if you add the multi-hued blue waters of the stunning Dorado Beach to the list.
The bright sands are reminiscent of sparkling gold, thus giving the beach its legendary moniker. The land was once inhabited by the artistic Tainos people, who originated from the Orinoco and Amazon River. During the 1940’s, the land served as a 1,400 acre sugar plantation owned by the famous Livingston family. When the conservationist visionary Laurance S. Rockerfeller came across the land in 1950, he transformed it into the luxury eco-resort that stands here today. The Dorado beach is today a Ritz-Carlton reserve, only the second of its kind worldwide and comes with numerous wonderful amenities.
- Spanish, Caribbean and American cuisine come together to create a fantastic bouquet of mouth watering flavours in the five different restaurants that provide wining and dining services on the beach.
- You can play on the clean sands and venture out into the water. The beach is home to a wave breaks which ensure there are barely any large waves, making the beach super safe for kids.
- The sight of palm trees swaying as the sun dips into the horizon will make a perfectly picturesque background for photographs as well as your memories.
- There are numerous water sports one can participate in on the beach, including snorkeling, swimming, kitesurfing and fishing. There are even 4 huge, state of the art golf courses nearby.
- A point of interest is a little ‘lagoon’, which, once you get around, will lead you to the tops of lava rocks on the East side. This will treat you to some of the best views in the city.
Dorado Beach Information
- Parking is hard to find. Even if you pay for parking, you might not find a spot.
- This is a good sized, quiet beach. It's out of the way, so it isn't crowded, but the presence of the nearby hotel makes it safe.
- To compliment the sand, you can also venture out into the beautiful Rockefeller Nature Trail, which is usually reserved for pedestrians, cyclists and golf karts.
- Recommended time to visit at 10:00 am.
How To reach Dorado Beach by Public Transport
- You can travel around Dorado by public bus, taxi and shuttle bus service.
Restaurants Near Dorado Beach
- El Capitan (Cuban, Latin, Seafood)
- Zafra Restaurant (International)
- Encanto Beach Club Bar and Grill (Seafood, Asian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dorado before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dorado and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Dorado Beach
95% of people who visit Dorado include Dorado Beach in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
43.33% of people start their Dorado Beach visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Dorado Beach
87.62% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Dorado Beach
Dorado Beach Map
Dorado Beach Trips
9 Views8 Days 7 Nights8 Day Trip to San Juan, Ponce, Vieques, Camuy fromBy: Guest UserCity: San Juan, Vieques, Camuy, Ponce
Dorado Beach, Dorado Reviews
All QuestionsDorado beach
- Gehres Randall L Rev & Grace
- Church Of The Nazarene Parsonage
- Little Chippewa
- Camp Luz
- Orrville Community Theater
- Smith Orr Homestead
- Peace Life A River Fine Art
- Orrville Trinity Youth
- Joy Baptist Church
- Gailey Park
- Calvary Assembly Of God
- Orrville Baptist Church
- Orrville Public Library Frnds
- Christian & Missionary Alliance Church