Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto RicoCurrently Open
- Address: Dorado Beach Resort, 500 Plantation Drive Suite 1, Dorado 00646, Puerto Rico
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-7876055235
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Sport, Water Body, Waterfront, Play Ground, Leisure, Family And Kids, Adventure Sport, Picnic Spot
Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico - Review
Imagine a billowing kite propelling you forward, as the wind pushes against your back. Further and further out to sea you will be, and almost into the air! Get ready to surf and slide on the waves with Goodwinds Kitesurf, the only internationally certified kite boarding centre in the Puerto Rico.
Founded and run by Phil Morstad, a professional airline pilot, and Karla Barrera-Morstad, an ex windsurfing Olympian, the Centre’s aim is to promote their passion for this high adrenaline water sport by teaching people how to wind surf safely and with confidence. The center is the premier place in the country for kiteboard training, equipment and travel. The instructors will teach you right from the basics and then move on, until you can ride with ease yourself. You can also expect full boat support services on all board riding lessons. Exhilarating and fun, turn the ocean into your own amusement park as you flip and swivel across the seas.
- You can dive down into the deeps and swim the depths of the water or travel is smooth surface, rowing and paddle-yoga. Besides kiteboarding, the centre also teaches windsurfing, sailing, paddle boarding, surfing, snorkeling and kayaking lessons.
- Prepare yourself to play with both the elements of water and air as you strap yourself on to a giant, controllable, aerial kite and let the wind lift your body. With the help of a handlebar, you’ll be making giant leaps and maneuvering yourself mid-air! Soon, you’ll go from face-diving to grabbing massive air, all while you’re nestled in the center of a 5-star resort. You’ll learn about the windsurfing ‘window’, how to utilize the power of the wind and how to take off and land properly.
Use the blue waters as if they’re your playground, soar and surf while the sun beats down on the shining waves. At the end of your courses, you’ll be a certified, athletically gifted flying fish, flitting and floating on the water!
Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico Information
- Their instructors are certified with First Aid+ CPR & Power Boat Certifications.
- October is the best time for surfing as the waters are at their choppiest.
- If the weather is rainy or the weather is bad, it’s unadvisable to go.
- They’ve developed their own Goodwinds lesson program that follows the best techniques from IKO's and PASA's guidelines for instruction.
- No wet-suit necessary.
- Phil weighs 180 pounds and his quiver is 9M, 11M, 14M.
- Karla weighs 120 pounds, and always manages to ride her 9M.
- Best month for wave riding in the outer reefs- February.
- Best month for flat water- July.
Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico Ticket Prices
- There are three beginners courses at $360 each, as of 29/09/2014.
- There is an intermediate course for $150.
How To reach Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico by Public Transport
- You can travel around Dorado by public bus, taxi and shuttle bus services.
Restaurants Near Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico
- Mi Casa (Contemporary)
- A la Vara (Caribbean, Puerto Rican)
- Chophouse Restaurant (Asian)
- Greenhouse Cafe Dorado (Spanish)
- L’Ami du Bistro (French)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dorado before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dorado and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico
95% of people who visit Dorado include Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
70.37% of people start their Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico
88.41% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Goodwinds Kitesurf Puerto Rico