Floating through lusciously green trees, through fruit filled farmland sounds like a dreamy way to explore Mother Nature, doesn’t it? Aloft in the air, without a care requires is quite a daring feat in itself and when you combine it with information on the history and culture of the land you’re visiting, you get the La Plata Zipline Experience.
Created by Alfonso Vasquez, Tropical Adventures Guides is a countryside and adventure tour group with a difference. TAG takes tourists from point A to point B, B to C and C to D, in three different zip lines, separated by hikes, swimming spots and a rope bridge. Adventurers will be treated to astonishing views of Puerto Rican natural vegetation and animal life in half a day.
- Your driver will first pick you up from your hotel and take you to Toa Alta. Vasquez purchased a small farming complex in this beautiful, vibrant area and turned it into the starting point for the zip line. Along the way to the farm, your guide will enchant you with stories of the surrounding areas and compare the past landscape to the present. You will pass the Bacardi distillery, various beautiful, people filled beaches and a hacienda where they used to grow vegetable and fruit for the King of Spain. You’ll also pass one of the oldest churches in Puerto Rico, the Parroquia San Fernando Rey.
- Once you finally reach the farm, you’ll get into gear. After a short hike through the green grasslands and forest, you’ll reach the first zip line starting spot. First time zip liners will be put to ease since the guides make it a point to elaborate on how safe and up to date all the equipment is. Once you’re strapped in, your journey will really kick into gear as you begin your adventure down the first 800 feet zip line, called ‘Big Mango’. Easy hikes between zip lines pepper the route and after soaring through the air, you’ll have to delicately make your way over a suspended rope bridge.
- After holding on for dear life and crossing the rope bridge, you’ll be able to cool off by plunging into a natural pool. You can swim, go rappelling or walk on further until you reach the end point. Here, you’ll be glad to find a delicious, Puerto Rican styled lunch waiting for you!
- Avoid during rain.
- This is a half day tour that is best to do in the morning, when it is cooler.
- In addition to this zipline tour, Tropical Adventure Guides offers Northen Limestone Rock Climbing Adventure, Rock climbing clinics and courses, Customized tours and adventures, and Corporate Team Building. In the future, they are hoping to add some horseback riding to the mix.
- Telephone for reservations.
- Recommended time to visit at morning.
- Only 30 min. away from San Juan and it's vicinities ( Condado/ Isla Verde) and 15 minutes away from Dorado.
- The price of this trip varies, depending on what you want to do during the tour.
- For a group of 4 to 10 people, they can customize the trip.
- Descorche Restaurant (International) Beach Bohio Bar and Grill (American, Caribbean)
- Happy Crab (Seafood)
- El Ladrillo (Steakhouse)
- Grappa (Italian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dorado before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dorado and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dorado include La Plata Zipline Experience in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
24.4% of people start their La Plata Zipline Experience visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 5 Hrs to see La Plata Zipline Experience
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting La Plata Zipline Experience