Dorado is a haven for lovers of water sports. You can have fun in the water in all kinds of ways, whether its exploring its depths during a dive, balancing yourself along its surface on a surf board or even just admiring the ocean’s splendour while playing a round of golf. Yet another way of getting close to the waters of Puerto Rico is through the Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters, a boat tour cum fishing expedition.
Created by fishermen, for fishermen, these guys specialize in light tackle inshore fishing, and include vertical jigging, reef fishing, tarpon and snook fishing. Captain Luis, an avid fisher of thirty years, heads these expeditions and he and his crew aim to make the experience as pleasurable as possible. The Captain himself is a U.S.C.G. 100 tons Master Captain and light tackle fishing guide, fisherman and conservationist, Capt. Luis fishes in an all release basis. The best part about this expedition is that after catching a fish you have to release it back into the wild, thus maintaining the delicate balance of nature.
- They have two state of the art boats with all the necessary equipment that will take you out to sea. Each both has a cooler filled with cold drinks and water.
- Optimum fishing gear is provided and come along in each boat. They use top name brands and custom spinning rods paired along with Shimano and Penn reels loaded with either monofilament or braided line. Ready-made as well as custom maid lures are used to attract as many fish as possible and circle hooks are used for live bait fishing.
- You can catch a variety of fish including Spanish and king mackerels, yellow tail or mutton snappers, groupers, barracudas, snook and lady fish. Different styles of fishing (Tarpon fish or reef fishing) will give you access to different fish.
Each adventure begins with a short boat ride to first catch the bait in a stunning lagoon, surrounded by mangroves. Iguanas and all kinds of birds familiar to the area will accompany you as you wait for the bait. This is definitely a good way to get a closer look at our fishy friends and experience an aquatic escapade first hand.
Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters Travel Tips
- Since it’s the tropics, bring proper apparel and a hat.
- Call the captain in advance to find out the best times to go.
- They offer 4 hrs, 6 hrs and 8 hrs on any of our trips.
- All trips include tackle and are guided by a U.S.C.G. licensed captain. All our captains are A.P.C.A. (random drug testing program) members.
- Ice cold soft drinks (regular and diet) and water as well as chips are complimentary in all of their trips.
- Lunch (sandwiches and fruits) is included in their 6 and 8 hours trips.
- Recommended time to visit at 10:00 am.
How to Reach Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters
- You can travel around Dorado by public bus, taxi and shuttle bus services.
- El Anzuelo (Spanish)
- The Wine Barrel (Caribbean, Latin, Fast Food)
- Made in Puerto Rico (Puerto Rican, Caribbean)
- Costa Criolla (Latin)
- Oriental Palace and Sushi Bar (Japanese)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dorado before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dorado and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Dorado include Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters in their plan
47.83% of people start their Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters visit around 09 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters
93.84% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters