Zoo Dortmund242 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Mergelteichstr. 80, 44225 Dortmund, 44225, Germany
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:30 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2315028593
- Fax: +49-0231712175
- Ticket Price: 8 EUR
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Zoo, Family And Kids, Social, Zoos, Aquariums And Wildlife Sanctuaries, Landmarks
Home to 1500 animals belonging to a variety of 230 species cared for in a lush green park, the Dortmund Zoo is a wonderful change to the modern places around the city. The place has become one of the most loved spaces in the Ruhr area and is most famous for the South American animals preserved and bred here that have become the highlight of the zoo. You can find Monkeys, Angola Giraffes, White Rhinoceros, Meerkats, Himalayan Tahr, Little Pandas, Mara, Peacocks, Deer, Reindeers, Cheetahs, Eagles, Camels, Chaya, Sloths and Otters at the zoo along with Oncillas, Coati, Nutrias, maned Wolves and Lions. The place also offers group tours where you can learn about the habitats and habits of these animal while interacting with the gorgeous creatures in their natural environment.
When here, don’t forget to check out the Amazon house with an Anaconda being the main attraction. If you love animals, are looking for a space where you can spend some time with children or simply want to get away from the concrete buildings, a visit here is highly recommended.
Zoo Dortmund Travel Tips
- Please make sure you don’t feed the animals without permission.
Entrance Ticket Details For Zoo Dortmund
- Adults 8.00 Euros
- Reduced tariff: 4.50 Euros (Children from 4 years, pupils, students up to 27 years with ID)
- Holders Doritz-Pass: 2.00 Euros
- Small group: 13.50 Euros (1 person over 18 years with a reduced rate, up to 4 people, non-transferable)
- Small group: 21.50 Euros (2 persons over 18 years with reduced tariff up to 4 people, non-transferable)
- Children under 4 years accompanied by an adult
- Accompanying persons with disabilities who need constant support ("B" in the ID card)
- 1 accompanying person from 18 years for kindergarten / school groups per started 10 children
- Innen honor cardholders
Group day tickets (from 10 paying persons)
- Normal per person: 6.50 Euros
- Reduced per person: 4.00 Euros
Group Tours: 85 Euros (call up the place for more information and for reservations)
How to Reach Zoo Dortmund
- Subway: Dortmund Tierpark
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dortmund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dortmund and book an accommodation of your choice.
91.67% of people who visit Dortmund include Zoo Dortmund in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
40.3% of people start their Zoo Dortmund visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Zoo Dortmund
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Zoo Dortmund