Reinoldikirche172 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Ostenhellweg 2, Dortmund, Germany, 44135 Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +49-2318823013
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Landmark, Family And Kids, Community And Government, Religious, Churches, Landmarks
Dedicated to the patron of the city- St. Reinold, Reinoldikirche is the oldest church in Dormund. The church dates back to the 13th century and has a distinct Romanesque architecture with a Gothic spire that you can spot even from a distance. The location of the church is rather interesting- lying on the crossroad of a historic trade route called Hellweg and the road from Cologne to Bremen.
The original tower of the church was renovated in the 15th century that made it stand at a height of 112 metres. In 1519, the polygonal spire was raised higher by 7 meters. The tower and the spire collapsed after an earthquake and a new one was added to eh church with baroque design. Today, the church tower stands at a height of 104 meters and offers a beautiful panoramic view of the city along with a up close view of the bell that is the largest cast bell in Westphalia (weighing about6.5 Kilograms).
What makes the church special is the merging of different styles of design that coincide with different time spans. Walk around the church to see the external design and the beautiful baroque tower. Walk in and you see beautiful stained glass art, a church organ, old statues and a main altar that is gilded in gold. The vaulted ceiling adds to the charm of the church and has a statue of Jesus on the cross suspended from the ceiling. If you love art, the place promises a sight like no other in the city.
- Monday-Saturday: 10.00 am – 6.00 pm (Friday till 6.30 pm)
- Sunday: 1.00 pm – 6.00 pm clock (11:30 am clock worship)
- Service hours: Every Sunday and holiday at 11.30 am
- Evening prayers: Friday at 6.00 pm
- Tours: Every 1st and 3rd Saturday at 2.00 pm
- Tower opening hours: Saturday 12.00 pm to 3.00 pm
How to Reach Reinoldikirche
- Bus: Dortmund Hbf
- Subway: Reinoldikirche
- Train: Dortmund Hbf
- By renting a Bike.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Dortmund before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dortmund and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Reinoldikirche Address: Ostenhellweg 2, Dortmund, Germany, 44135
- Reinoldikirche Contact Number: +49-2318823013
- Reinoldikirche Timing: 10:00 am - 06:00 pm
- Best time to visit Reinoldikirche(preferred time): 10:30 am - 05:30 pm
- Time required to visit Reinoldikirche: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
56.95% of people who visit Dortmund include Reinoldikirche in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
26.67% of people start their Reinoldikirche visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Reinoldikirche
93.33% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Reinoldikirche
People normally club together Dortmund Concert Hall and SchachtV Zeche Minister Stein Dortmund while planning their visit to Reinoldikirche.