Visit Dubai - Best of Dubai
Dubai is undoubtedly a Shopaholic’s paradise. Travel to Dubai and live your heart out.
Shopping lovers from far and wide visit this city. Their primary goal: to shop-till-they-drop but Dubai Tourism has a lot more to offer. A vacation in Dubai has everything for everyone!
Dubai is slowly becoming a favorite tourist destination. Dubai vacations are a great resort for everyone! Book your Dubai tours to experience the great city.
Dubai is famous for its shopping districts called Souks. Tourists flock to the modern malls as well as the souks to meet their shopping needs. The best part about Dubai is perhaps that friendly negotiation over prices is available almost everywhere so you can get some really good bargains too. One of the important Dubai travel tips is Bargain!
Shopping aside, the most exciting part of Dubai is the several new additions to the Dubai skyline. The Burj Khalifa which is the tallest man-made structure in the world is most definitely a sight to see. Visiting The Burj Al Arab; the fourth tallest Hotel in the world is a once in a lifetime experience too. To add to this you can also see Dubai Miracle Garden, the biggest natural flower gardens as well as man-made islands along with some spectacular shopping malls. In short, Dubai will exceed your travel expectations. Dubai city tour will enchant you with its verstality.
However, a word of caution: It is important to be well-aware of the culture of the Middle East before you visit Dubai. Be extra vigilant and follow some rules and you will have the shopping experience that is incomparable to any other in the world!
When visiting Dubai, Always remember that you are going to be in a country with a different culture. The belief-systems differ greatly. It is important to follow certain rules and respect the values. Moreover, the laws are extremely strict so make sure that you do not get into trouble due to the failure to follow them.
Dubai Travel Tips
Essential travel information and Dubai tips for your visit
These tips to be kept in mind if you are travelling to Dubai or booking the tickets for Dubai Tours.
- Summer clothing are required for most of the year. However, at night the temperature falls down so carry some heavy clothes like jackets.
- Sun cream and sun glasses will also be essential to beat the Dubai heat. Avoid staying outside during daytime in summer as you might fall sick.
- Hotel price goes very low during summer.
- In case of money, it’s better if you can exchange your cash into Dubai currency.
- Time Zone: GST (Gulf Standard Time)
- Currency: Dirham (AED) is the official currency. It is abbreviated as DH or Dhs.
- Languages: Arabic is their national language. With Arabic, English is the other business language that is spoken. Urdu, Hindi and Farsi are other widely spoken language.
- Security: Police (999), Electricity & Water (991), Fire (997), Ambulance (998)
- Off-beaten Path: Go for snorkeling with reef sharks at Dibba Rock, If you visit the city in December, don’t miss the air show done by military planes. For visiting off-beat places, check out the Camel Souks that come up across the outskirts of the city.
- Tipping: Tipping the staff in Dubai is optional.
- Customs: Avoid wearing clothes that might hurt local Muslims. In hotel swimming pools and at the beaches, women can wear swimwear with their top on. For men, any dress is allowed unless one should not walk without a shirt on the street.If you are visiting Dubai during Ramadan, avoid eating, drinking or smoking in the public places. For using public transport, get Nol Card. It is a prepaid debit card that can be used for metros, buses, water buses and on taxis as well.
Explore the travel itinerary planning tool for your visit to Dubai and create a flawless plan in few simple steps!
Travel to Dubai- Know before you go to Dubai
Facts and Stats for Dubai*
Pollution Statistics in Dubai
Know the pollution level of Dubai before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 53.38 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 46.38 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 55.2 (Moderate)
Unattended dirt and garbage 27.15 (Low)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 36.24 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 35.07 (Low)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 38.26 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 45.34 (Moderate)
Dubai: Crime and Safety
How safe is Dubai for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in Dubai.
Burglary and Theft 17.19 (Very Low)
Mugging and Robbery 14.91 (Very Low)
Assault and Armed Robbery 14.62 (Very Low)
Corruption and Bribery 29.34 (Low)
Car Stealing 12.57 (Very Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 19.08 (Very Low)
Attacks 16.95 (Very Low)
Drug offense 19.58 (Very Low)
Safety walking alone during daylight 91.8 (Very High)
Safety walking alone during night 83.55 (Very High)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 21.64 (Low)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 16.62 (Very Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 18.58 (Very Low)
Living in Dubai - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of Dubai is 166.53 (Very High)
Safety Index 81.12 (Very High)
Climate Index 50.19 (Moderate)
Pollution Index 53.67 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 39.02 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 73.04 (Moderate)
Health Care Index 64.48 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 4.43 (Very Low)
Purchasing Power Index 126.17 (Very High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in Dubai
Here's how much it will cost to shop in Dubai
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.13 USD
International Movie per seat 10.89 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 57.46 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 85.03 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 67.07 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.
Dubai Travel Guides
The best trip plans created by users and travel experts that cover the top spots and attractions of Dubai
Dubai Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of Dubai
289 Reviews Duration: 4 Hrs
Glide up, up and away in a hot air balloon over Dubai Desert Conservation Revservation! After traveling from your central Dub...
USD 328.5Book Now
75 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Offered only to Explorers, the Underwater Zoo experience begins with a Simulator ride, narrated by an animated sea turtle and...
USD 29Book Now
26 Reviews Duration: Flexible
Splash the hours away at Wild Wadi Water Park in Dubai with this all-day entrance ticket. Make your own way to Wild Wadi and ...
USD 82.5Book Now
New on TripHobo Duration: 2 Hrs
Experience a charter luxury yacht and explore the wonders of Dubai from sea without the price tag or headache of getting gues...
USD 58Book Now
- Cities Near Dubai
- International City Tourism
- Mirdif Tourism
- Al Manama Tourism
- Hail Tourism
- Al Riffa Tourism
- Maleha Tourism
- Ajman Tourism
- Ras Al-khaimah Tourism
- Abu Dhabi Tourism
- Fujairah Tourism
- Jazirat Al Hamra Tourism
- Al Dhaid Tourism
- Other Cities on TripHobo
- Whitstable Tourism
- Biarritz Tourism
- Rural Hall Tourism
- Mumtajpur Tourism
- Warud Tourism
- Surur Tourism
- Rush City Tourism
- Williamsburg Tourism
- Carmi Tourism
- Tidworth Tourism