How to Reach Dubai
HOW TO GET TO DUBAI
- By Air: Dubai International Airport is the busiest airport in the world. From the airport, public taxis are available. Terminal 1 and 3 of the airport is served by Dubai Metro. Besides, public bus stations are there few hundred meters away from the main terminal building. Al Maktoum International Airport (Dubai World Central, DWC) is there where international flights lands. From here, you get bus F55 and F55a (night bus) that connects to Ibn Battuta. Sharjah International Airport in another that takes many international flights to unburden the pressure from Dubai International Airport. Check out our best Dubai tours before you get in to the awesome city.
- By Bus: Buses operates to and from Abu Dhabi in every 40 minutes. Frequent buses run between Dubai and Sharjah. Buses to and from Al Ain are available in every 1 hour. From Rashidiya Metro station, buses are available. al-Khanjry runs a bus from Ruwi Terminal in Muscat to al-Rigga in Dubai.
- By Boat: The international cruise terminal of Dubai is located at Port Rashid. Ships coming from around the Indian Ocean, anchor at this terminal.
- By Car: The only international road border of Dubai is with Oman. Hence, if you are coming by car, you need to come from Oman.
HOW TO GET AROUND DUBAI
- By Metro: Dubai is well connected with automated Metro network.
- By Tram: Dubai tram was recently opened in 2014. It connects Dubai Marina with the Burj Al Arab and the Mall of the Emirates.
- By Bus: Public buses are the most inexpensive mode of travelling within several districts in Dubai.
- By Monorail: Monorial service is available between the Palm Jumeirah to the Atlantis hotel. However, it has very limited utility.
- By Taxi: Taxis are frequently available, specially in front of the malls and hotel.
- By Car: You can hire cars, with or without driver and that too at much lower price.
- By Boat: The most comfortable mode of crossing Dubai Creek is by ‘abra’ – a small ferry. Abras are also available for private tour.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Dubai. The most preferred mode of transport in Dubai is Car.
Average distance: 29.25 km Average time: 41.4 min
Car 81.12%Driving 37.68 min Walking 1.57 min Overall average time for 31.65 kms 39.25 min
Bus/Trolleybus 5.1%Bus 34.3 min Waiting 6.5 min Walking 6.1 min Train 3.2 min Tram 1 min Overall average time for 18.96 kms 51.1 min
Tram/Streetcar 1.02%Tram 47.5 min Walking 10 min Bus 7.5 min Waiting 5 min Overall average time for 39 kms 70 min
Walking 5.1%Walking 51.5 min Driving 11.3 min Train 0.7 min Waiting 0.5 min Tram 0.5 min Bus 0.5 min Overall average time for 9.55 kms 65 min
Train/Metro 3.57%Train 18.29 min Walking 5.57 min Other 3.57 min Waiting 3.14 min Bus 2.86 min Overall average time for 16 kms 33.43 min
Bike 0.51%Bike 35 min Walking 15 min Overall average time for 21 kms 50 min