- Address: 26/27 Lower Abbey Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
- Phone: +353-18787222
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Theatre, Family And Kids
Abbey Theatre - Review
Bearing the title of Ireland’s National Theatre, the Abbey Theatre, also known as Amharclann na Mainistreach, is a historical theater in Dublin. It opened its doors to the public in the year 1904 and has been entertaining one and all since then. Closely associated with the legendary writers of the Irish Literary Revival when it was formed, while on your visit to Dublin, do try to visit the Abbey Theatre and catch a live show in action.
Trivia: In the English speaking world, the Abbey theatre was the first state-subsidized theatre.
Abbey Theatre Information
- Please check the official website of Abbey Theatre for ongoing shows and ticket prices and book your tickets in advance accordingly.
Abbey Theatre Hours
- Evening shows generally start by 7.30 p.m. and matinee shows generally start by 2 p.m. Please check the official website for the show timings.
How To reach Abbey Theatre by Public Transport
- Abbey Street Light Rail Station
- Abbey Theatre bus stop
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Dublin before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Dublin and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Abbey Theatre
3.49% of people who visit Dublin include Abbey Theatre in their plan
88.24% of people start their Abbey Theatre visit around 09 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Abbey Theatre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Abbey Theatre